Why become a member? ×

SOLD: G&L L-2500 Custom 5 string bass: SOLD
£775

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a recently acquired 1996 G&L L2500 USA Custom bass in Clear Orange over a flat swamp ash cap with cream body binding. I will learn one day that 5 strings really aren't for me!

The neck has a lovely figure to it, and is a nice shallow shape. It's in superb condition with only a few small marks on the rear of the bass near the bottom edge. Other than that it's in great nick. Weight-wise I would guess at around 9lbs. Action is low and the neck is lovely :)

The pickups sound huge and the preamp gives as many sound options as you're likely to need!

It also includes the G&L Case which is in reasonable condition (one of the feet is missing) and all the paperwork including the Certificate of authenticity. It has also just been strung with a set of DR Sunbeams. It has also just been set up this week to achieve a nice low action.

I will add some more pictures later. Price is £710

I've advertised this elsewhere too for a fair amount more ;) Would consider trades for a Little Martin LXMe or similar plus £400 cash, a MM Stingray 4 string, a new series Fender USA Jazz with rosewood board, Lakland Joe Osborn with rosewood board, or Fender USA 75 reissue Jazz or Fender USA 62 reissue P bass

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1365888879' post='2045776']
Do you have incredibly high action, or is it the picture?
[/quote]

Those are actually the photographs I took just after I got the instrument, before it'd been set up for me, and before Nick got it.

Edited by Jakester

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' timestamp='1366217465' post='2049769']
Thank goodness you're in Surrey otherwise I'd be looking to empty my bank account :)

Lovely bass... cant believe it's still here at that price!
[/quote]

I can travel ;)

I'm a bit surprised too. It's a gorgeous bass but I really need a 4 string backup at the moment :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy