Why become a member? ×

Bass Ownership - Feeling Guilty?

spongebob

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1365415620' post='2039097']
I'm gently downsizing. Selling off cheaper instruments like an Ibanez, Ovation electro-acoustic, OLP and potentially Hohner B2A, whilst keeping more useful/ better instruments.

Figure I'll keep the VMJ, MIA jazz, Vigier, Yamaha and two of the Warwicks. The fate of the Streamline and Infinity are undecided.

In place of the 4 or 5 that go, I'll likely invest in an EUB. Has to be a fiver, though!
[/quote]

Tell me about this OLP! What country was it made in?

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1365537999' post='2040952']

Tell me about this OLP! What country was it made in?
[/quote]

It's an MM3. Don't know what country it was made in. Unfortunately, its new owner is coming to collect it on Saturday.
Done on EBay. No-one on here ever seems to want what I'm selling. Except today, it seems..

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1365538319' post='2040961']
It's an MM3. Don't know what country it was made in. Unfortunately, its new owner is coming to collect it on Saturday.
Done on EBay. No-one on here ever seems to want what I'm selling. Except today, it seems..
[/quote]

BAH!

It says the country on the back of the headstock. I would only be interested if it was Korean anyway.

You say you're not desperate for the cash value of one of your basses right now, so don't sell!
Take the bass you were going to sell and stash it away somewhere in the house where you won't see it everyday. Pretend it's gone and play the poo out of the remaining bass. Learn some songs you always meant to that are nothing like what you play in the covers band. Re-inspire yourself.
Then after a few months or more you will rediscover your other bass and be pleasantly surprised, very glad you didn't sell it and it will feel like a NBD and it won't cost you a penny!

I did this once, it works! :)