Why become a member? ×

But it's a different COLOUR!

mcgraham

I already have the original black one, but I WANT this one:

http://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Moog-MINITAUR-Analog-Bass-Synthesizer-White/Q7P

Anyone think of a reason why having two could be justified other than just for sheer coolness? Desperately needing a reason!

I may end up with the white Slim Phatty. That way it truly is different (and white!) but it'll also allow me to use my foot controller to generate arpeggios with the Slim Phatty oscillators OR with the Minitaur oscillators. I've already worked out how to change patches on the Minitaur with the McMillen 12 step controller. With a simple rack unit it'd be an immensely flexible bass synth rig... mwahahahhaha

• 2 weeks later...

That exact synth is vital to your sound. You need a spare, if yours ever were to break, you'd need the exact same one as a backup. Your saving grace is that the white one is harder to clean, therefore more competitively priced. You'd be mad not to buy it.

This is pretty much the argument I used when hunting for a white Thunderbird despite already having a silverburst one. I just didn't let on that the white one had a thru-neck and Gibson pickups and was about £150 more expensive...