Why become a member? ×

Still no Bass amps in Garageband . I'm gonna try an experiment with ipad/ osx leopard 10.5.8

I was thinking that, it seems odd recording bass into garageband without bass amps. So, I have downloaded Dave Ellefsons Rock shop app& GK amp on ipad2.
The idea is to link my ipad2 to my ux1 interface. Then open App and record onto garageband in Mac mini.
Is this too laborious? If we plugged bass into real lead amps they would distort and blow .

Yes it does. I have a free copy of a cut down Amplitube Ampeg SVX which gives me a B500 model bass head/cab. I also have Pod Farm with the Bass pack that gives loads of AUs to add into GarageBand.

So anything with a AU is available as a plug-in in GarageBand.

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1364114872' post='2021943']
I use TSE's Sansamp sim - B.O.D 2.... available free for PC and mac [url="http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html"]here [/url]
[/quote]

Got quite excited about this and gave it a go, but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me. Shame. Seemed to drop the output to almost inaudible when I switched it on.

[quote name='richardjmorgan' timestamp='1364230229' post='2023534']
Got quite excited about this and gave it a go, but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me. Shame. Seemed to drop the output to almost inaudible when I switched it on.
[/quote]

Have you turned up the input and output level,etc? I find it really works well when a good amount of the original signal is dialed back in with the blend pot..