Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 800RB (UK version) - Sold pending payment!
£350

umcoo

Hi all,

As part of my rig downsizing, the GK 800RB has got to go. I've had this amp about 2 years and it has never let me down. These things are built like the proverbial tank and never miss a beat. For those who don't know, this amp has a 300 watt power section at 4 ohms, and a 100 watt power section at 8 ohms, allowing you to bi-amp. I've never run it this way and always just run a 4 ohm cab at 300 watts. Sounds great and gets nice and gritty when the boost knob is cranked. I've only gigged this amp a couple of times and it sounds lovely...sound very warm for a solid state amp. The amp will come with the rack ears which I had to get separately from Polar Audio.

Only ever issue I've ever had with this amp was sound cutting in and out when I first got it.. After a quick Google, it seems that there can be issues where the effects loop messes with the signal. I've put a patch cable connecting the two jacks for the effects loop and problem solved. If this bothers potential buyers, I'll get it sorted by a tech, but I'd have to raise the price accordingly. As I say, never had an issue since putting the cable there.

I've kept the amp in a Boshma 4u shallow case since I've had it, which I would include in the sale for another £50.

Collection of this beast (from Lancaster) would be ideal, or I can drive and deliver within reason, but I'd want some petrol tokens. I'm occasionally down in Stoke on Trent at the in-laws too, so meeting up round there is a possibility. Looking for £350 please.[b]NOW SOLD,[/b] I'm happy to sort delivery too but I'll need to get a price for it.

Any questions please ask. Not looking for trades as I'm sorted for another amp now.

Here's a few lovely pictures!

Edited by umcoo

Keep it!
I have an identical setup, even down to the boschma case and it's the best amp I've ever had, wish I'd dropped on mine years ago.
For anybody who is perturbed about the jumper lead in the FX loop, it really is no big deal at all. My 400rb of the same vintage has the same issue, cured in the same way; it's just a quirk related to the Switchcraft switching jack. You can swap the socket, get a tech to bypass the loop or plug in a jumper lead and it's sorted, whatever.
A great deal for somebody out there. Wish I could afford a backup.