Why become a member? ×

Some new basses, and an 'old' one, on the sofa

molan

So I thought I'd stopped buying new toys to play with earlier this year but succumbed to a few new purchases fairly recently - all of them are basic variations on a good old Fender J but each feels, plays, sounds a little different :)

Thought I'd bung a quick pic up of the new ones next to my trusty old '63 Jazz for reference. Apologies for the pic quality, just a quick snap with flash which is showing a few reflections and some surface marks which I didn't clean off before taking the pic!

The basses are, from L to R:

[b]Celinder J Update[/b] - very '70's sound, relatively heavy, really punchy & maybe my current favourite of this bunch.

[b]Alleva Coppolo #2[/b] - 2nd one ever made before Jimmy decided on a larger headstock. Has Seymour Duncan pickups & pre at the moment. Haven't had this one long enough to really get a good feel for it. Very light weight.

[b]1963 Fender Jazz[/b] - classic pre CBS sound & feel, refinished in its original colour of Sea Foam Green, albeit a very long time ago. Again light weight and has an absolute dream neck profile & super worn-in finish.

[b]Alleva Coppolo LG4[/b] - Jimmy's take on a 60's J. Finished in nitro and has his wonderful home grown pre-amp & pickups. Just a great gigging bass that's beginning to wear in really nicely.

[b]Dingwall AB1[/b] - bit of a departure for me! Just fancied trying one and have only played it briefly. Super light weight with superb balance. Lots of tonal variation from a passive setup. Need to put in some more hours on this one. . .

There's a Ritter & a Roscoe currently in the house too but I ran out of sofa space, lol.

Edited by molan

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1363962354' post='2020216']
All very, very nice [i]indeed[/i], but they're nowhere near gay enough - I want to see the Ritter, please! :D
[/quote]

By popular demand - the much gayer Roscoe SKB & Ritter Cora :)

Edited by molan