Why become a member? ×

Any Good Bass Related Andorid Apps?

bagsieblue

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1363949008' post='2019908']
I've recently picked up a Google Nexus 7.

Can anybody recommend any good apps for bass related activites?
[/quote]

Chordbot is good - generates chord sequences for you to play along with. Knows about lots of chord types. The free version is not bad, but the paid one has lots of different comping styles and has the randomise option to generate random (but musically sensible) sequences. Can save chord sequences out as WAV. I find it very useful for coming up with ideas and for general mucking about.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1363950797' post='2019956']
Chordbot is good - generates chord sequences for you to play along with. Knows about lots of chord types. The free version is not bad, but the paid one has lots of different comping styles and has the randomise option to generate random (but musically sensible) sequences. Can save chord sequences out as WAV. I find it very useful for coming up with ideas and for general mucking about.
[/quote]

I'll have a look at that, what a good idea that is!!

iRealb is great. It's £7 on Android but you get all of the backing tracks thrown in (the app's £5.50 on iOS but you pay extra for all of the backing tracks so the Android one is better value). It may not look much from the screenshots but it's great in practice. It gives you chord charts that you can follow, transpose to different keys easily and will play a backing track in various styles too. Great for practicing to and for following song chords when playing live. http://www.irealb.com. You can download loads of song structures from their website from within the app too.

I use ClefTutor to help with my sight reading.It's just a little quiz on musical notes. Really helpful so far.

Jam Tracks from Ninebuzz is ok too. Costs a couple of quid but it's ok to jam along to. Not a patch on iRealB though, despite looking more polished.

Chordbot sounds good, I'll look that one up!

GStrings+ tuner is a winner for me. Use it all the time for my basses/guitars.

The free version is fine but I used it that often that I shelled out the couple of quid for the "plus" version to support the developer.

If you record yourself at home, there's an app called TouchDAW that can remotely nearly any recording software on your PC/Mac. Can control the mixer and everything if needed, but great just to use the transport controls if you have to be physically removed from your keyboard when playing your instrument.