Why become a member? ×

Hello everyone

stuartielow

Hello everybody, I'm new to this site, I'm just trying to get back into bass playing after a 5 year hiatus.
I live in aberdeenshire, Scotland, I'm 29 and might be 29 for a while I've decided! I currently use a squier copy ive named nasty nick but have ordered myself an Ibanez srx360 after trialling one in a local shop (ordered it online a lot cheaper) it just felt so good compared to nasty nick! I've not got huge hands so the srx suited me better than most models, especially the squiers. I've got a bx1200 and I'm hoping that the srx will sound super sweet through it. I'm considering taking a few lessons to get me going again. If anyone could recommend a tutor in this area it would be much appreciated. I really like bass players like Mani, Andy Rourke and Damon Minchella but I'm into pretty much any kind of music. Anyway that's me.
Happy slappin'

:crigon_04:

check out Henrik's playing on Dirtyloops videos - he got quite small hands it seems but manages a TRB6 quite nicely :)

you might get berated for preferring a J to a P or vice versa or Tal to Victor or whatever but ive not seen any untoward banter on here over hand size so you should be ok ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh aye yi need furry boots up here like. Its the 6th of April and we have snow! Again! Don't really mind as I got my new bass yesterday:-) its actually not an srx360 as posted before. The guy I ordered it from phoned to say that it would be a while until they had them in stock and offered me an srx430 instead. I went for it as its supposed to be higher spec but it sounds and feels the same, the only difference being that its white with a black pickgaurd. I'm so so happy with it though. Its a hundred times better than nasty nick. If I'd got one of these years ago I'd probably not stopped playing. A new bass really does get you going doesn't it? I've played more in the last two days than I have all year. Thanks for all the comments peeps.