Why become a member? ×

Celinder Jazz 5 Update - SOLD
£2250

lowregisterhead

• 3 weeks later...

Am about to offer my Ric 4003 fretless, upgraded by Bass Chats legendary Beedster with toaster and horseshoe pick up (so like a v63 ri) and my 64 Hofner 500/1 violin bass to buy this baby to complement my Celinder Jazz Classic

BUMP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this bass on consignment at the Bass Gallery? The wood grain on the upper side of the instrument suggests it might be.

If so then I played it.

Utterly f***ing phenomenal instrument. Seriously. Just gushes class. Wonderfully smooth, modern Jazz bass sound and its so playable! Sounded like it had just come off a gospel record...just instrument and amp, nothing else. The bridge pickup is ridiculously growly and all settings are so warm.

Could potentially be the only bass someone ever needs. Blew me away completely...dare I say, it's perfect? Two point five grand will be well invested in this.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1370208102' post='2097704']
Is this bass on consignment at the Bass Gallery? The wood grain on the upper side of the instrument suggests it might be.

If so then I played it.

Utterly f***ing phenomenal instrument. Seriously. Just gushes class. Wonderfully smooth, modern Jazz bass sound and its so playable! Sounded like it had just come off a gospel record...just instrument and amp, nothing else. The bridge pickup is ridiculously growly and all settings are so warm.

Could potentially be the only bass someone ever needs. Blew me away completely...dare I say, it's perfect? Two point five grand will be well invested in this.
[/quote]

The very same bass, and thank you for your glowing assessment, Kiwi. The more I think about it, the more I think I'm mad selling it!

In my experience, instruments of this quality and character are a once in 10 year find. I'd have snapped Alex's arm off if the funds hadn't already been put towards something else. Keep it.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1370249239' post='2097968']
In my experience, instruments of this quality and character are a once in 10 year find. I'd have snapped Alex's arm off if the funds hadn't already been put towards something else. Keep it.
[/quote]

I have a feeling you could be right! I feel a change of heart coming on - any interested parties had better be quick if they want it... ;)