Why become a member? ×

Antoria Telecaster Bass SOLD
£195

ash

I've never seen one of these before in the flesh but I remember seeing one in an ad when I was a pre teen budding muso and I loved the big pearloid scratchplate.

It's a rare model by Antoria (I believe an importer's name around since the days of The Shadows) and is in excellent playing and cosmetic condition. Very nice construction and the weight feels like quality woods. The bass is all original with the exception of a new jack socket. The pickup is a decent copy of a Tele Seth Lover 'mudbucker' but has a bit more midrange punch to my ears. The neck is similar to a Jazz at the nut - certainly not as clubby feeling as a real Tele bass. It has a superb flamed fingerboard, frets barely used, looks like its been left to gather muck and dust over the years as there are very few dings. Hardware is tarnished but fully working, the 'ashtray' is present, the bridge is a decent four saddle job so easy to get the intonation right. It's long scale unlike many Tele Basses from this era. The neck plate gives a serial number and states "made in Japan".
When bought it was quite grubby and needed setting up and switch cleaning etc, My luthier put it through its paces and set it up to my tastes and I was surprised at how well it plays and sounds now. I had purchased this with the intention of marrying the body to my Fender Tele neck however it's such a nice original bass in its own right I don't want to use it for parts.
It comes with original old case which is battered but does the job. I'd like it picked up but I'll post in the UK only at buyer's cost.
Looking for £195 - no trades I'm afraid.

Edited by ash

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1363130518' post='2009137']
Well the way the market is going it'll probably still be here! Trade you this and my GB Rumour for your Alembic ;)
[/quote]

Nice try Ash :P
We've both had a few basses over the years, but I never realised how much better an Alembic is, to everything I've had before.
Good luck with the sale (I think :lol: )
Bump.
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1363187715' post='2009420']

Nice try Ash :P
We've both had a few basses over the years, but I never realised how much better an Alembic is, to everything I've had before.
Good luck with the sale (I think :lol: )
Bump.
Karl.
[/quote]

Well it was worth a shot! :)