Why become a member? ×

Bags for accessories/pedals etc

Jonnyboy Rotten

I thought I would see if, what at first glance looks like a stupid question yields any nuggets of useful info!

I have my bass in a gig bag which has pockets enough for a small tuner, a couple of cables, cleaning cloth etc, spare set of strings & batteries.

I thought I would ask anyone if they had any advice with regard to what type of bag to get for the pedals, music stand, guitar stand etc that won't fit in the gig bag but are a pain to carry around seperately.

The standard option would be a holdall type thing but if anyone has any novel or unusual recommendations I would be gratefull!

I bought an orange tool bag from Wilkinson (own brand). Tough , handles and a strap , and because of the colour it's easy to find in the dark trailer and less easy to blend into a venue and be forgotten.

I was going to replace the 'wilkinson' logo with a GK one but instead , for a laugh , have stuck 'Wilkinson' logos on my GK combo and cab !

Here's the current one on sale
[url="http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/tool-kits-tool-bags+tool-boxes/wilko-toolbag-with-solid-base-orangeblack-16in/invt/0244519"]http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/tool-kits-tool-bags+tool-boxes/wilko-toolbag-with-solid-base-orangeblack-16in/invt/0244519[/url]

It's the same except mine has more orange than black and , as I recall , was two quid cheaper than this one.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1363023848' post='2007148']
I bought an orange tool bag from Wilkinson (own brand). Tough , handles and a strap , and because of the colour it's easy to find in the dark trailer and less easy to blend into a venue and be forgotten.

I was going to replace the 'wilkinson' logo with a GK one but instead , for a laugh , have stuck 'Wilkinson' logos on my GK combo and cab !

Here's the current one on sale
[url="http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/tool-kits-tool-bags+tool-boxes/wilko-toolbag-with-solid-base-orangeblack-16in/invt/0244519"]http://www.wilkinson...in/invt/0244519[/url]

It's the same except mine has more orange than black and , as I recall , was two quid cheaper than this one.
[/quote]

Just got myself one of these - good call DD, nice and sturdy, and matches my amp cover as well.

I use one of my old football kit bags, plenty of space in the main compartment for leads, pedals, guitar stands, towel etc, and 2 end compartments which I use for spare strings, batteries, tools etc. Cost me £20ish and probably saw about 5 seasons of football action before being moved on to gig duties!

I also use old laptop bags. They come with zipped pockets and padding. I have two: one with BH250, footswitch and 4-gang power strip, mains cable, jack cables, XLR cable for DI if necessary; second bag is a little larger and has pedals, Diago power, associated cables.

The second bag is a little scruffy but cost me next to nothing from a jumble sale.

TC Classic 450, mains lead, speaker leads, guitar cable, all fit in a lap-top bag (£10 from Family Bargains). That's fine for rehearsals and jams, but on a gig (bass or guitar) I always take one of those silver tool cases with all the other essentials: mics, mic leads, different length jack leads, kettle leads, 6-way mains extension lead, spare valves, fuses, capo, picks, ear plugs, circuit breaker, ring main tester, head-worn torch (for pitch dark pack-ups in marquees), multi-tool, set lists, business cards....