Why become a member? ×

Jam nights in Sheffield?

andydye

as per the title really...are there any jam nights going on in Sheffield that other BCers are going to, I need to get out of the house a bit more and it'd be good to sharpen up my ears again...

(the more local to Ecclesall / Greystones the better too)

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1362944448' post='2006578']
My brother plays in a band in Shef. The Winnebago's. I'll find out off him and let you know!
[/quote]
[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1362944487' post='2006580']
A quick Google didn't throw much up but the Red Deer, Uni Arms, West St Live and the Broadfield seem to do open mic stuff, although it doesn't say what night they're on. I thought the Red House did too.
[/quote]
[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1362944639' post='2006584']
I'm Rotherham side which I guess is the wrong side for you Andy. There's 2 Thursday night ones that I occasionally frequent, the Hay Nook in Kimberworth and the Yellow Lion at Greasborough.
[/quote]

Thanks guys, all help gratefully received :)

I am in a band but we play and practice very sporadically (3-4 gigs a year, practice almost once a month), I'd like to meet a few new muso types to play with a little more regularly...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1363079254' post='2007874']
Thanks guys, all help gratefully received :)

I am in a band but we play and practice very sporadically (3-4 gigs a year, practice almost once a month), I'd like to meet a few new muso types to play with a little more regularly...
[/quote]

Hi Andy,
I notice on your profile 'interests' you put church. Do you play in a church band? If not, have you thought about it? Playing in a church band accounts for about 70% of my playing and it ticks all the boxes in terms of keeping sharp etc. Plus, and this is a big plus, I've got involved in various musical activities through networking with church musicians. For example, I got asked to join a ceilidh band. Not something I would have contemplated but it's been a great experience.