Why become a member? ×

Hi from Pompey!

iamtheelvy

Hi guys,
I'm Dave from Portsmouth. Been down in Portsmouth about five years but just getting going on the gigging scene. Play with the band Threesecondfool, formerly Kid Zero, formerly Citizen Unknown! Into all types of music and trying to get out and see live music wherever its happening locally.

Gear wise I'm now playing a 'Walnutburst' Rickenbacker 4003, but also use a Fender Jazz and Musicman Stingray. Amp is a Gallien-Krueger 1001 through a Markbass 1x15. I've recently upgraded my board to a Pedaltrain pro with the following:

BBE Supacharger and Dunlop DC Brick
Boss TU2
EBS Multicomp
2x Gigrig Loopy 2s
Digitech Whammy
EBS Octabass
Xotix X-Blender
Moho Mods Russian Big Muff
Proco Turbo Rat
Bass Big Muff
EBS Unichorus
EH Freeze
EBS Stanley Clarke wah
Boss BF2
Boss DD6

Think that all (for now...)! Bit of a pedal-nut (or pedal-file as my guitarist calls it...).

Hope to get more involved round here soon!

Hey Dave,

Welcome from someone who is not from Pompey!

Nice gear you got! An unnamable, a Jazz and a StingRay - now that's good in my book.
Not that I know most of your pedals though, but I do be the owner of a Big Muff for four decades or so (it's not listed coz I didn't find it, and I didn't find it coz I wasn't searching, and I wasn't searching coz I got the Myrtle, see :) )

I see you wanna get involved. Good, good ... just you be aware we do not know the word "formerly". Don't wanna be a grammar nazi, but we simply don't like the elite out here. You just settle on "formally" now, boy. :lol: ;) :ph34r:

I liked the "pedal-file". Good thing you're not Irish then! :lol:

Anyway, enjoy the site, its info and its banter!

best,
bert

[quote name='bassmeg' timestamp='1361139627' post='1981852']
Alright Dave, a Southsea lad here, you got to post when and where you gig. I have to see how all of those pedals can be used in one set!
[/quote]

Hey, well for the moment next saturday 23rd is the only one in the diary! 7.30pm at Eastney cellars. £5 on the door, buy im assured that this includes a free drink!

[quote name='bassmeg' timestamp='1361139627' post='1981852']
Alright Dave, a Southsea lad here, you got to post when and where you gig. I have to see how all of those pedals can be used in one set!
[/quote]

OoH Southsea eh. I went their once when i was 10 or so. I remember at night, with my dads trusty binnoculars, we would be watching the [i]ladies of the evening [/i]on the sea front, touting the Scapes for customers. Ahh happy days.

I went back once maybe 10 years later to see some or other punky type band. I do recall lots of bars and clubs with live music.

Still the same, or changed much ?

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1361167664' post='1982048']

I went back once maybe 10 years later to see some or other punky type band. I do recall lots of bars and clubs with live music.

Still the same, or changed much ?
[/quote]
The council/Police closed all the night clubs etc on the seafront about 10 years or so ago and moved them to a central location in the city centre so it's easier to police. Now, between the hours of 20:00 and 01:00 it's become on of the most violent streets in Britain :(

The City has so much potential for things but the clowns that have been running it over the past 30-40 years have really screwed everything up.

Oh well, still a nice place for a day/weekend visit though.

[quote name='bassmeg' timestamp='1361140751' post='1981883']
Shame im not about. Belated valentines outing with Mrs bassmeg. Dirty night away at the devils punchbowl actually, so cant really persude her to pop in.
What sort of tunage do you and your dear fellows produce?
[/quote]

we'll get some more dates in the diary soon i hope! I guess our sound is fairly straight rock stuff, but we've got a lot of varied and obscure influences as a band, so there are some oddities too. At the momeny we are about 50/50 originals and covers.

Actually, really rarely! My board has expanded so much over the years, but all the types of effects have stayed in the same order, so it falls fairly naturally under my feet.

Saying that, I have got one song we do with at least ten effects changes in it, so I'm improving in my tap dancing...