Why become a member? ×

ACG Finn Type R Five String For Sale - SOLD

basslowdown

[b]***NEW LOW PRICE*** £775[/b]

ACG Finn Type R – 5 String

A lot of interest so far, alas no buyers and with house buying costs looming ever closer I need to sell this guitar!!!

Its a single cutaway Finn Type R 5 string featuring a sap wood Cocobolo top on a Black Limba body, with headstock facings front and back to match. The 35 inch scale neck features a five piece flame Maple/Wenge neck with a wonderful looking Bocote fingerboard with a flat radius and zero fret. The flat radius combined with the asymmetric neck shape make this bass supremely comfortable even for my smallish hands.
The pick-ups are an ACG MM style in the bridge with switching for single coil & humbucker in both series and parallel modes whilst the neck single coil is an absolute star being a large and over-wound single coil, pushing out loads of bass but also tons of aggression. This pick-up also has a coil tap switch which makes the neck pick-up sound much softer and dare I say, vintage. The third switch on the bass swaps the bridge pick-up for the under-saddle piezos which whilst not the last word in personality give loads of bottom and, to my ears at least, compliment the neck pick-up brilliantly.
The Finn also features ACG's active filter Eq which once you get the hang of it is hugely versatile... In fact the whole bass is capable of a whopping amount of characterful bass tones.
Comes with Hiscox case and has recently been restrung with a set of balanced gauge Circle K strings, and I will also include a used set (with loads of life left) of TI Jazz Flats.
I'd rather the bass was collected from near Cambridge, but looking around at carriers shows that with genuine insurance (many carriers don't cover musical instruments in the small print) the cost would be around £40

Weight-wise according to my bathroom scales it comes in at 9lbs, I have never found the weight an issue either way as for me at least it balances very well both on a strap and on my lap.

[attachment=127890:DSCF2667.JPG][attachment=127892:DSCF2669.JPG][attachment=127894:DSCF2671.JPG][attachment=127895:DSCF2672.JPG][attachment=127898:DSCF2675.JPG][attachment=127899:DSCF2676.JPG][attachment=127901:DSCF2679.JPG][attachment=127902:DSCF2684.JPG][attachment=127903:DSCF2686.JPG][attachment=127893:DSCF2670.JPG]

Thanks for looking

Martin

Edited by basslowdown

Wow, that looks nice! :gas:
[size=4]This must be the first ACG that i really like & i would definitely consider buying this if i hadn't just bought eubassix's 5 string Roscoe.[/size]

[size=4]Someone will snap this up fast i recon, it looks like a lot of bass for the cash. ;)[/size]

• 1 month later...