Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Prometeus basses

Stacker

Have a look at [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-4-strings-neck-thru-totally-custom-Neo-humbucker-/321062925869?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ac0d7762d"]this[/url].

A couple of years ago I bought a bass very similar to this offa this fella. He accepted an offer and I paid up inc freight/insurance. He did send me a tracking number but the bass got as far as Milan then disappeared off the radar. When it was clear, after some time, that this bass had 'disappeared' I opened an unreceived item notice in ebay, mainly to cover myself. The seller then said he would instigate a claim with his carrier and that I would have to wait for that to be resolved, which, as we all know could take some time. Well, £600 adfrit with nothing to show for it, I decided the onus was on the seller to reclaim his losses via his insurance (that I paid for) and I had my money refunded to me by ebay.

Note the foot of the auction where he states he will not be responsible if the bass goes astray. Why is he shirking this? WHy should the buyer be left to claim on an item he hasn't received? Ludicrous!!

Edited by Stacker

I sent him an email asking why he has the disclaimer about what happens if the bass goes missing. He replied:

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Sorry for that, I'll try to explain. The ebay policy forces the seller to fully refund the buyer (the full price plus shipping) if the item never shows up. Of course I have no control on the package once I ship it. I'd certainly work with the buyer in case the bass gets stolen or damaged but I don't think the ebay policy is fair. One thing is contact the postal office and take care of all the troubles involved in a claim... but another one is lose the entire amount (including shipping!) if the carrier fails to deliver the item. This means that in case you should decide to buy the bass and in the extreme, unlucky case the carrier fails to deliver it I'll certainly work something out with you and will take care of the claim with the carrier to make you obtain a full refund BUT I don't accept the fact I should take such a loss for something that's out of my control. PayPal and ebay work together in these cases... but what they do is to send a refund to the buyer and then ask for a full refund from the seller, even if he has no responsibility in this. I've shipped more than 70 instruments worldwide in the last 5 years. Things usually work perfectly but of course I always have to trust the carrier once the package is out of my hands. They usually show up still in tune and in perfect shape but I can't lose an instrument that costs 100 hours of hard work plus $150 of shipping in case the carrier fails... hope you understand![/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]
- extendedrangebassmaker[/b][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b]
I specifically asked if anything had been lost in the past - no mention of this in his reply.[/b][/size][/font]

but the fella is insuring the thing... so if it doesn't turn up...

ebay refund the buyer
ebay ask the seller for money
the seller makes a claim agianst the courier
the courier pays out for having ballsed up their side of the bargin.

Yes, I bought it from 'that fella', although he went under the name of Prometeusbasses at the time of my purchase. I think I was the first person to buy this 'Ahab' model, though the wings on my one were purpleheart and the contrast was striking. I couldn't believe the fact that it never left Italy!

Luke's got the right idea. In his response to TheGreek, the seller states that ebay claws a[b] '[i][size=4]...[/size][/i][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][i][size=4]full refund from the seller, even if he has no responsibility in this[/size][/i].' [/size][/font][/b]Wrong, matey, you [i][b]do[/b][/i] have a responsibility if you're shipping the item! Different if the buyer was organising freight/insurance.

I often wondered what happened to that bass and for a while I trawled ebay looking for it popping up but it never did. All that aside, the seller seems to have a few customers who received their gear and whilst I'd like to buy that bass up there, there's no way I'm taking the risk again, even though I eventually did get my money back.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, just found this topic. What mr. Stacker is hiding is that, after I shipped the bass, he said "I had SEVERAL items lost in transit, maybe stolen". He should have said that before I shipped. That was the ONLY case one of my instruments got lost and the guy was extremely bitter thru the mail. I was certainly willing to work something with him to fix everything but he wasn't. He wanted his money back right away and he got it... really don't know HOW he can weep now.
You're not going to take the risk again? Funny! I, in the first place, would never choose to sell a bass to a guy who first FORGETS to tell me that somebody keeps stealing packages sent to him and then doesn't even give me a chance to fix everything. Just to keep things clear, I've shipped WORLDWIDE, to Australia/Japan/Hong Kong and never had problems. The bass left Italy but never reached you 'cause somebody in the UK got it. And now you even try to let others think the fault was mine? I could sue you, mate.
The bass that got lost costed 100hours of work, money for hardware and more than €50 to ship. I did everything you wanted, I EVEN COLORED THE BODY FOR FREE to make you happy... try to deny that! And now you have the stomach to talk about me like that? I don't know if I should be sorry, angry or amazed. :huh:
I could call probably about 10 different BC members that bought a bass, a pickup or an amp from me and could testify how the transaction went. And dozens of customers worldwide.

I won't edit my post. Just letting you guys know that I saved this page and reported the topic to the moderators. Sorry to be so rude but I can't leave this guy damage my reputation reporting "his part of the story" telling half of the truth.
If anybody wants a proof of what I wrote, no problem. You can also check the feedbacks given for the last two instruments I've sold... both bought by the same guy!
And, just to be 100% transparent, the bass bought from Mr. Stacker DID NOT have Purpleheart wings. He doesn't even remember the specs. It was a fretless bass, set-in with Padouk Neck, Wengé unlined fingerboard, solid Okoumé body. I even made the body Ruby red for free to make him happy! :mellow: Well... live and learn! No good action remains unpunished.