Why become a member? ×

Greetings fellow bassist across the pond!

ModLad69

Ok lads!
I really have been enjoying your exchanges here on basschat.uk very much! Luv the bass pics and info you lads all share
with one another! As much as I dig talkbass.com, methinks basschat.uk, and all here. has taken my no. 1 spot for bass chat ups forums! :)
I'd luv seeing more of your bass gear, and info about it all.
Here is a collage pic of a brilliant bass from a brilliant & a yet undiscovered luthier in the USA. It is my personal signature model that Greg Barcus and I collaborated together on designing. It's my "Robes London Signature Barcus SC 5 bass".
I own and have owned, and played various high end, custom basses (Alembic, Wal, Warwick, Fodera, Fender Custom Shop, Musicman, etc), and I must say that Greg Barcus has the potential to rival those iconic bass makers, and he's already on that road to bass making greatness as we speak, and I am spreading the word for my new luthier (Barcus) whom I believe will one day be heralded along with the above mentioned bass making giants!
I also LUV Wal basses, and both Wal & Barcus basses are my two fave bass makers to date! I do luv my other basses as well though.
Greg Barcus is SO easy, and enjoyable to deal with when working with him to make your custom dream bass a reality!
He aims to please, and guarantees his work to your complete satisfaction or your money back!
I have not asked for my money back from Barcus. I just want MORE Barcus basses in my stable! ;)
His prices are SO very reasonable here in the USA, and even MORE so for you bassists in the UK and Europe!
He'll build ANY design you so desire, and come up with!
I have an Alembic, Series I, Fodera Monarch (I am selling my Fodera Monarch, a now discontinued Standard model ! ), Ric '64 reissue 4001, Fender '60 P-bass, Fender Geddy Lee Jazz, Waterstone TP-12, Hofner '61 reissue Cavern bass, and of course, my luvly Barcus SC5 bass. A '92 Wal Mk I will be in route to me from the UK shortly. :D
So lads, and lassies, SHOW me your basses, and let's chat basses, for I LUV basschat! :D All the very best to all here on basschat.uk ! You all rock!
Cheers to all ! ;)

Hey ModLad,

Must say I was taken quite aback by your introductory post.

See, there's a fine line between enhusiasm and advertisement. This fine line seems to have a width right now of about 2,000 miles.

I hope you clean up your act, and invite you to be enthusiastic together with us once you've done so.

best,
bert

No, I am not on commission with Barcus Basses. Just enthusiastic about them is all, mate.
Just sharing, and not paid to advertise either. I am just as enthusiastic about Wal basses, and have been for a long time now.
I luv basses in general though. I did not mean to come across as some of you insinuated.
I am awaiting the arrival of a most desired bass,......a '92 Wal MK I Custom and it's a rare passive model, with a custom ordered , slightly thinner body, and weighs only 8 lbs 12 ounces which is very light for a Wal. I am excited to finally get her in my hands soon! :)
I would enjoy seeing your "babies" & hearing about them, gents (and ladies, if any are here in basschat). :)
Sorry for how I seemed to have come across on my first post, lads.
Wishing you all the very best here on basschat! ;)
Cheers!

Thank all your lads from my side of the pond and from across the pond for your kind welcome/greetings to this newbie basschat lad! :)
I honour you all, and wish we all could meet in some cool, old concert hall, and plug in our basses for a night a bass mania!
Well, perhaps that may sound a wee far fetched, but we can dream, can't we?!
I have been wanting so very much to return to the UK to travel across the country a make new friends, and truth be told, my ultimate
dream is to live between my two fave cities.......New York (were I live), and London!
I am a bit of an anglophile, and luv British ales, famous British rock bands, British wit & humour, Wal basses (of course), luvly British birds, ....and so much more! ;) And of course, I LUV New York! ;)
Thanks again for your warm welcome, lads! :)
All the very best to all of YOU! :)

Edited by ModLad69

Hey ModLad,

A belated welcome mate!
Sorry for getting back to you soo late. I thought I'd welcomed you long ago after the initial confusion. FWIW I for one do appreciate enthusiasm, and share it to the degree that I've gone berserk in music shops the last year, and always lend out gear just to share the joy.

Anyway, I hope I haven't reduced your joy about being on BC, that you'll have fun in our midst, and that you won't be a stranger.

all the best,
bert

[quote name='ModLad69' timestamp='1361251184' post='1983418']
Hey lads,
Well, thanks for that welcome vid you both made. Nice touch. ;)
By "birds", I meant lassies, women, girls, ...the smooth kind sans the feathers. ;)
Cheers!
[/quote]

Welccme from an english bass bird. :D :crigon_04: Look forward to hearing about the Wal.

Thanks, Discreet, Bass Tractor, and the luvly British "Bird" bassist, Ellie! Good to see a bass lass here! ;)
Here's my Wal MK I Custom passive 4 that Pete Stevens made in '92. I am the 3rd owner, and procured it from the 2nd owner right here on basschat!
Thanks to a new good mate, (Tony), I now have a dream Wal that ROCKS! :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55351180@N08/8504301600/in/photostream/