Why become a member? ×

The Time Has Come for sellers remorse, I am withdrawing both Basses.

Oldman

I dont play much due to Work/Travel commitments so I am looking at changing my 5ivers, no longer a feeler. My two Overwaters, The Streamline sold first day. I have a snap or two of them and will take more this weekend. I would take a PX in for any one of them but it would need to be a Warwick Thumb (preferred choice) of the Five string variety fretted or fretless and maybe a six, with cash my way. Overwaters are Hiscox cased. Overwaters 35" scale. These two are Progress three's NT string spacing is as per initial/standard spec'. The custom bit is the wood on Blondie and the colour of Black Beauty.

Black (ish) fretless Overwater was a 60th Birthday present to myself and is 6 years old, and I believe its unique insofar as its a kind of transparent black which in certain light lets the grain show through and looks almost a deep blueberry colour. Blondie is the fretted variety and well, blonde, she is 5 years old. Both basses are in immaculate condition and have hardly had what you would call 'use' apart from jamming with my buddies.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:72556]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53248]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:53246]

I had Chris put dots on the Fretless similar to the NS CRM and to me it sets the bass of, currently strung with Black (obviously) nylon tape wound strings which are not ideal but look good, from a distance it looks as though there are no strings.

Summing up; A Feeler for my[s] three[/s] two 5ivers, only PX I am interested in would be Warwick of the five string flavour, fretted or fretless preferably late 80's early 90's, or maybe a 6ixer.

Blondie circa £1,500.00
Black Beauty circa £1,900.00

Both custom built and an immense saving on a new purchase, both immaculate 9.99/10

Thanks for looking guys

Just charging up the camera for a spot of "David Who"

If by happenchance I am unable to upload please PM you e-mail address and I will oblige.

Edited by Oldman

Hello Lawrence, yes and no, but the time has come. We were down at New Year as Bill dropped off the Sub to my daughter, I wanted to get over to see the both of you but family contraints meant we ran out of time. Next trip Easter, I'll bring the eggs :rolleyes:

Somebody out there needs a new bass, well as near new as it gets. Both these basses are in immaculate condition, Blondie still has a newness smell about her when she comes out from her case to play, which as I am over seas is all too infrequent. Price them at Overwater then you will appreciate the bargain.

Type Bump