Why become a member? ×

feeler Hudson PBS6 6 String bass

Kev

just a FEELER at the moment, i need to try n raise funds to buy a lovely bass, so i just wanna see if id be able to sell this.

BRILLIANT 6 string, see my member status <<<<<<< , lightest bass iv ever played, let alone 6 string, and has a massivly versitile pre with a brilliant pickup. The B string is one of the best iv played, especially for a 34" bass, and the tone is very even on all strings.

abosultly gorgeous as you can see, beautiful spalt maple top thats 2 and a half CM in places, On top of mahagony and maple sandwiched neck and mahagony wings. Thru-neck design. Flame veneer headstock and a fantastic compressed Ebony fingerboard which is a dream to play! Fully active with a superb 3 band preamp with adjustable poteintimeter inside (sorry spelling!). currently strung with an overwater custom set strings, super light guage 110-30 i think

Bass costs £599 new from cranes music shop, who appear to be the only stockists.

Selling what i bought it for, £210 collection from bristol, £230 shipped by parcelforce, £236 shipped by APC insured shipping, your choice.

as said, its a feeler, it all depends if i can afford the rest of the cash

cheers

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='202455' date='May 19 2008, 09:56 PM']that would be telling :)[/quote]

ha, that's the idea, I'm curious to know what you would sacrifice the Hudson for if you think so much of it

Is it me or does this look very similar to a Tanglewood Canyon, but with more strings?

Right down to the fretboard end design.......

Maybe they are actually made by the same people but just branded differently?

It looks very nice though, I'd probably buy it if I had the money right now :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='thedonutman' post='202465' date='May 19 2008, 10:06 PM']Is it me or does this look very similar to a Tanglewood Canyon, but with more strings?

[url="http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/38959_l.jpg"]http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/38959_l.jpg[/url]

Right down to the fretboard end design.......

Maybe they are actually made by the same people but just branded differently?

It looks very nice though, I'd probably buy it if I had the money right now :)[/quote]
interesting that, the hudson seems to retail for double the price of the tanglewood too, id like to hear the differences!

And the tanglewood is very similar to the Cort Curbow! Which is indeed a fantasticly underated bass, as are most corts (Im sure Finnbass will pipe up and agree shortly!) and if it is outta the same factory then im sure youll be pleasantly surprised.

i can include a case in this (doesnt come with one), doesnt fit perfectly but is decent enough, covered in various band stickers, quite cool really!

this will have to be withdrawn in a couple of days if i dont get a buyer, as iv said im only selling to buy a particular bass!