Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender American Jazz Bass - GONE

Scooby

Reluctantly I've arrived at the conclusion that - no matter how much I try - a Fender Jazz is just a little too big and heavy for me. I bought this very recently hoping that this would be my go to bass. It sounds lovely and has all the typical sounds associated with the Fender Jazz. The maple neck and maple fingerboard are so smooth and slim making playing a dream. The gloss black body is one of the lighter Fender basses that I've tried with a sleek and stylish look and feel to it. This has the more expensive hardware - high mass bridge [size=3]([font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)[/color][/size][/font][/size], top quality Fender tuners, pups etc.

This black gloss Fender Jazz comes with s superb Fender embossed SKB flight case, manuals, tools, strap, cable and documents. I took off the white scratch plate, tried a black scratch plate and then decided that the grey pearl looked the best! I will include all three scratchplates in the sale. The bass has brand new D'Addario strings fitted.

Edited by Scooby

Just to confirm, the cash price is a firm £825 and a trade value would be closer to the £1100 paid for the bass recently. Sadly, this bass just isn't for me :( Trade options would include Zon, Pedulla, Warwick Thumb, Shuker or tempt me ;)

i dont want to be the BC police but ..... quote.. This has all the top quality hardware that you come to expect from a top class Fender - not to be confused with some of the American Fender basses that are built down to a budget.

is this not what your selling dude.. love to see pics though

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1358588269' post='1941677']
i dont want to be the BC police but ..... quote.. This has all the top quality hardware that you come to expect from a top class Fender - not to be confused with some of the American Fender basses that are built down to a budget.

is this not what your selling dude.. love to see pics though
[/quote]

Apologies if I wasn't clear. What I am saying is that there are some Fender American basses that, because they are built to a budget, use hardware that reflects that budget! Quite simply, you pay more you get more. This Jazz has the high mass bridge, Fender quality tuners, pups etc. The budget American basses, although great value for money, do use hardware that reflects the budget. Hope that clarifies things a little ;)

'Hutton' thanks, I have now added the pic link :)

Edited by Scooby

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1358592178' post='1941755']
Is it me, or does that jazz look like a big black square?
[/quote]

The pics are on a Flickr album, which takes a few seconds to load. I can email the pics if that is of any help. Thanks.