Why become a member? ×

Do You Build BFM Cabs..? Or own a Jack 12..?

discreet

[b]Do You Build BFM Cabs..? Or own a Jack 12..?[/b]

Bottom line is, I have terrible GAS. Also, I really want a Barefaced '69er. :)

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/69er.htm"]http://barefacedbass...-range/69er.htm[/url]

However, not being currently in possession of the necessary folding for such a purchase, I would also settle for a second Bill Fitzmaurice Jack 12. I already have one BFM J12 (see build thread in my sig) and I think another would pretty much see me right in [i]any [/i]gig situation. Phwooaar, eh?

But... I don't have the time [i]or[/i] the inclination to build another right now and I seem to remember that someone on Basschat is an official Bill Fitzmaurice builder - or at least is able to, or has built a BFM cab, or cabs.

But I can't for the life of me remember who it is, so my question is this: Does anyone know who the BC BFM builder is, or indeed are YOU that very BFM builder yourself?

It may also have been someone on FinnBass (Finn who?) but again, I can't remember their moniker.

Another possibility is this: you have built, or you own a J12 yourself and you don't use it/want to move it on.

Please drop me a PM if you can help. [size=4]I thank you. :)[/size]

Edited by discreet

Or if you fancy a BFM omni 15 wideboy - the same as Mr Foxen's but in the wide format for valve heads. I have used the 3015LF in another cab but the rest of it is available. Probably about the size of a 4x10, check website for details. It was pretty comparable to the Barefaced big on I used to own.

Edited by 3below

Hi All,

I am a franchised builder for BFM. I can certainly build / quote but at the moment I'm back and forwards a bit with my regular work. I'm a cabinet maker but the company I work for have me designing / building / fitting interiors for temporary buildings we're constructing in Greece. I'm out of the UK fairly regularly and will be until July and I already have a couple of guitar cabs part done that I'm struggling to finish. Beyond that I'll be building to order again as I have a feeling there will be plenty of slack with my employers after this contract ends. I'm itching to get back on the BFM building because I have a lot of faith in Bill's designs and I have a stupidly big shiny new workshop to spread out in after I moved recently.

Most of my builds have been PA based gear but I've done a couple of Jacks and they're pretty straightforward.

Sorry I can't be a help in the short term. I'm still available to help with build queries as I'm still on line when I'm away.

A little bit Off Topic but I'm currently gigging an Omni 10 with a 10.5 up top and they sound bloody fabulous together.My small gig set up is now fully sorted. Thumb, Trace Elliot, BFM...
Just thought I'd say like......
B)