Why become a member? ×

White Tokai TB48 Thunderbird - NOW SOLD THANKS

bassbiscuits

NOW UPDATED WITH PHOTOS - scroll down for January 20 post.

I'm selling a white Tokai TB48 Thunderbird bass - I bought it on Basschat before Christmas as I've always lusted after a T-bird, but I've realised it's just not for me after all.

Therefore it's in exactly the same condition as when I bought it, so I'm looking to get back what I paid SOLD including a fitted Epiphone case.

It's Korean-made, from 2007, with a set (not bolt-on) neck.

It also has:

Set of chrome Schaller machine heads
Badass 1 bridge
CTS pots and wiring
Gibson volume and tone knobs
Gibson Thunderbird scratchplate

The modifications are all neat and done to a really good standard.

It's also fitted with brand new Schaller strap locks, which I'll leave on as I don't need them for my other basses (but can swap them back to original strap pins if you prefer!) Strung with decent newish 45-105 roundwounds.

Cosmetically there are a couple of fairly minor knocks and dings on it, and two discreetly filled screw holes on the bottom edge (plus one on neck heel) where previous owners have repositioned the strap pins. These have since been filled and painted. The important bits all play well, with decent action and good condition frets!

Would prefer collection or meet up at a reasonable distance, but can investigate couriering if need be.
I'm based in Leicester but occasionally travel to Norfolk or South Wales.

Edited by bassbiscuits

Cheers for the kind words!

Yeah I still think T birds are the coolest looking basses ever by a country mile. But I just can't get on with it after playing just a P bass for for the best part of 20 years.

Sure it'll make a cool instrument for someone out there!