Why become a member? ×

Spector 5-string USA manufactured

ead

Hi all

With Soundcontrol in some financial disarray, I popped into the Manchester (Salford) branch yesterday to do some bargain hunting. I came across (not literally you understand) a Spector 5-string bass of USA manufacture in Cherry burst I think they call it. Looked gorgeous - I think I successfully managed to wipe all my drool off it before replacing it.

They were quoting £3k for it but I reakon they will negotiate...however still too rich for me sadly, I'll just keep on keeping on with Legend 4.

A few nice Warwicks too for those of that persuasion.

Alain

You don't work for them by any chance do you? :) But yes, I see the Manchester store has shut it's doors - but to be fair they had bupkiss in there anyway. Totally crap selection, a lot worse than when the bass department was seperate.

But yes, those darn Spectors are lovely aren't they? I'd love this one.....

h[b]ttp://www.spectorbass.com/bass_us_NS-4_1.html[/b]

But then again, I'd love to have that kind of cash floating around too......

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='200620' date='May 16 2008, 06:25 PM']there's a birdseye maple NS5XL which has been on display for a while there, it doesn't have any hang tags on it. I wondered how much they wanted for it though.[/quote]
Is that in London? That was up at £2900 but it's been there over 2 years(!) so who's gonna say £2K cash to get it off their hands? :)

[quote name='XB26354' post='200625' date='May 16 2008, 06:31 PM']Is that in London? That was up at £2900 but it's been there over 2 years(!) so who's gonna say £2K cash to get it off their hands? :)[/quote]
Sorry, yes, I realise I didn't make that very clear did I? It sounds to me like making an offer would definitely be worth a crack. The lack of hang tags does concern me a little though. Did someone return it, I wonder?

[quote name='paul, the' post='200893' date='May 17 2008, 09:36 AM']I think if you had been literal, that would have been a very good excuse to buy the bass.[/quote]

Damn, didn't think of that! Was very tempted to make an offer, but I would have been hung, drawn and quatered when I got home with it. And then the really bad stuff would have started!

Alain

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='200674' date='May 16 2008, 07:48 PM']Sorry, yes, I realise I didn't make that very clear did I? It sounds to me like making an offer would definitely be worth a crack. The lack of hang tags does concern me a little though. Did someone return it, I wonder?[/quote]
Beats me why they got it in anyway, unless the distributor insisted they take in US ones too. How is anyone going to sell a £3K bass when it is hung up with dead strings, massive action and dust and crap all over it? And before you say vintage Fender, you know what I mean :)

[quote name='XB26354' post='201127' date='May 17 2008, 05:06 PM']Beats me why they got it in anyway, unless the distributor insisted they take in US ones too. How is anyone going to sell a £3K bass when it is hung up with dead strings, massive action and dust and crap all over it? And before you say vintage Fender, you know what I mean :)[/quote]

I think SC took over distribution, thats why they have all the big $$ basses in!

T