Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cabs????

teaser360

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1357073902' post='1917261']
The 3012LF is 12" driver. No 12" driver is the best thing for the job over about 2k because they become directional above there. Thus to do the best job, you use the 12s up to the point they are the best and use something else higher.
[/quote]

Thank you. So a cab with chassis' that have a top useable frequency of 2k needs another unit to produce the higher end.
We agree.

Just as well I use 10's with a horn then... :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1357073902' post='1917261']

The 3012LF is 12" driver. No 12" driver is the best thing for the job over about 2k because they become directional above there. Thus to do the best job, you use the 12s up to the point they are the best and use something else higher.
[/quote]

The usable frequency range of the Super Twelve is up to 4kHz. The rated spec of the driver (Kappalite 3012LF as mentioned earlier) is usable to 2kHz, where does the extra 2kHz come from? Same with the Midget.
Discrepancies in the power handling too, each cone is rated to 450W yet recommended amp power is 1200W.

[color=#325375][size=1][b]
Quote:[/b][/size][/color][color=#373F47][size=2]
If God had meant for us to use flatwound strings he'd have stopped our hearing at 500 Hz.
- Bill Fitzmaurice[/size][/color]
[color=#373F47][size=2]
Flatwounds for me then, makes speaker choice easy :) [/size][/color]
[color=#373F47][size=2]
Having owned BFB Big One (Em 3015LF, Beyma 605Nd) and now BFM Dubster I do not notice the Dubster lacking HF response to the point where it is an issue.. My hearing is still good at high frequencies. I am having a 'Big One' / FearFul with HF horn type cab built at the moment. AB comparison when is finished.[/size][/color]

We're back and working through the pile of emails!

The Super Twelve and Midget don't use 3012LF drivers, they use 3012HO. The recommended amp power for the Super Twelve is 150-1200W. This takes into account the typical usage of the cab, the sensitivity of the cab, the thermal power handling of the drivers, the mechanical power handling of the drivers and what's going on in the real world in terms of signal content, duty cycle and actual power output of amplifiers.

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1357140598' post='1917990']
The usable frequency range of the Super Twelve is up to 4kHz. The rated spec of the driver (Kappalite 3012LF as mentioned earlier) is usable to 2kHz, where does the extra 2kHz come from? Same with the Midget.
Discrepancies in the power handling too, each cone is rated to 450W yet recommended amp power is 1200W.

[/quote][quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1356921785' post='1915246']
Doesn't have that driver. It has this one: [url="http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EMIKLIT3015"]http://www.bluearan....?id=EMIKLIT3015[/url]
[/quote]
[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1356983257' post='1916136']
The Ones with the LF drivers have the midranges, aside from the Dubster, the ones without midranges, have drivers that go up to 4k, like the one I linked, or the 12" version. None use the cheap drivers, they just use a different expensive driver.
[/quote]