Why become a member? ×

This is why Ebay is pointless

[quote name='thedarxide' post='199710' date='May 15 2008, 04:10 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260237387578&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=016[/url]

£47 plus postage. They're £49 new.....[/quote]

Mate of mine bought a pair of cycling shorts at Aldi for £7, tried them, didn't like them, put them on Ebay.

£12 plus postage.

used cycling shorts...eeew...

[quote name='nig' post='199728' date='May 15 2008, 04:26 PM']Yeah, you've gotta be cute these days, I normally open another browser page, copy and paste item into google and check the item out, as you can get mugged of really easily. :)[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I do.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='199730' date='May 15 2008, 04:28 PM']i bet he's got his mates to up the bidding...not that I've ever resorted to such tactics[/quote]

LOL, my mother in law won a set of my old astra alloy wheels that way, years ago... :)

I've seen 2nd hand stuff go for virtually new prices or buy it now prices higher than what I can get it a shop for. How much shill bidding was involved or lack of investigation by the winning bidder i don't know. Like the woman on some daytime telly program I watched last year I think. She had bought loads of old china off ebay thinking she was investing in atiques only to be told by an "expert" that it was a load of sh*t.