Why become a member? ×

Tbass from trace elliot

pbjb

Hi,

I' m searching for informations about the Tbass

I would like to know how many versions of this bass have been made ? And what' s the differences ? I have seen some with hyper active status pickups and some with exposed pole pieces...
Some made by trace elliot, then by status and it seems there is a graphit neck version ??

Also I am concerned by the weight. I have read they can be heavy, is that true ?

These bass looks great and have numerous upgrades over a fender jazz bass : 24 frets, 3rd pickups to avoid noises, zero fret, special headstock, bridge...
Any informations are welcome

Thanks by advance

Edited by pbjb

If you are in London they have two in the bass gallery Camden at the mo. I went and had a play last week. Not too heavy.
I would say have a play first, they reminded me of everything I both love and hate about the wood necked Status. I dunno what you're after but try Sadowsky for another "upgrade" of the fender Jazz too...

They were originally made for Trace Elliot by status with the wood necks and then years later Status brought out their own version with the graphite neck.

I had one of the last trace ones. A CAR with matching headstock and white scratch. Was a great bass to be fair, sustain for weeks and could do pretty much anything tonally, one thing I will say though, seriously big old body on the thing! Didn't notice so much on a strap but sitting down it felt like playing a wardrobe.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1356639994' post='1911988']
I had one of the last trace ones. A CAR with matching headstock and white scratch. Was a great bass to be fair, sustain for weeks and could do pretty much anything tonally, one thing I will say though, seriously big old body on the thing! Didn't notice so much on a strap but sitting down it felt like playing a wardrobe.
[/quote] when you ever played a wardrobe? isn't that a bit odd?

They were all made by Status and still are. The one I had (serial no: 101) sounded really nice with the Jazz style pickups, 2 band EQ and active / passive switch. I don`t remember it being all that heavy but to my eyes it was ugly and I had to get shot of it.

If you like the looks of it, they are cracking basses.

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1356645366' post='1912073']
They were all made by Status and still are. The one I had (serial no: 101) sounded really nice ...[/quote]

it still does :)

i think they're great basses - the only downside is that the bass feels very long-necked at first, but you get used to it.

it's a monster live - flat amp, flat eq and that's all you need.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1356698177' post='1912517']
Good to hear it`s still kicking about. I thought it was still "on here." :) You are right about the neck, it puts a Tbird to shame.
[/quote]

it is and going strong (tho the preamp will need some TLC soon).

i did actually try a T-bird next to the T-bass and the T-bird was [i]slightly[/i] longer