Why become a member? ×

Hi from Leeds

Makem_djs

Hi there

My name is David - I'm new to this web site -it was recommended by Geoff Chambers - who is my bass tutor (full marks to Geoff for talking me on!!)

Anyway I play a 5 string ibenez (high c) and play mainly for my local church

Would really like to get in touch with other church bass players - esp around the Leeds area

Cheers

David

Welcome matey!

Where abouts in Leeds are you and which Church are you part of?

I'm part of City Church in Sheffield, it's a New Frontiers church and although I've had a year or so off playing on a Sunday I'm still very much part of the bands and general musical scene there...

[quote name='Makem_djs' timestamp='1355835536' post='1903311']
Hi Andy

Thanks for getting back - I'm in alwoodley Leeds - the church I go to is St Barnabas CofE smallish - but we do our best!

What type of music are you playing at the mo?
[/quote]

pm replied to :)

Hi David,

Welcome to BC! Lots of church players here and also lots of sinners. You'll feel at ease!
(Yup, the false dichotomy was intended. All in good spirit though.)

I'm not that close to Alwoodley, and am not a player of the church bass (how does that look anyway?), and haven't played in church since '92 or so, but I'll put the kettle on anyway. Just text me an hour or so in advance.

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1355832998' post='1903270']
I once played a destroyer guitar with the kid's choir when I was 12.........I've not been welcomed back since
[/quote]

Beat me to it. Was thinking of pulling out the Cort Gene Simmons Axe - my preferred weapon of choice for depping in my buddy's church band.

Joking aside, are you planning on staying on BC as well, David, or was this just a contact ad?
In case you stay: enjoy!

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1355839311' post='1903411']

was thinking of pulling out the Cort Gene Simmons Axe - my preferred weapon of choice for depping in my buddy's church band.
[/quote]

Think my destroyer came from my buddys satanic death metal band, not sure if they could tell by listening though!

[quote name='Makem_djs' timestamp='1355832097' post='1903256']
Hi there

My name is David - I'm new to this web site -it was recommended by Geoff Chambers - who is my bass tutor (full marks to Geoff for talking me on!!)

Anyway I play a 5 string ibenez (high c) and play mainly for my local church

Would really like to get in touch with other church bass players - esp around the Leeds area

Cheers

David
[/quote]Hello David!
I moved to leeds in september - it's been good to me so far. The new year should (hopefully) see me starting on bass at church (gateway)
:)

Luke

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1356002717' post='1905469']
Hello David!
I moved to leeds in september - it's been good to me so far. The new year should (hopefully) see me starting on bass at church (gateway)
:)

Luke
[/quote]

Gateway...New Frontiers yes, I'm part of City Church (Sheffield)...

Haven't had chance to try it yet as am on a 'baby break' from Sunday morning serving so I can be with my family, hopefully will begin getting stuck back in sometime next year when our routines have settled down on a Sunday! I can only imagine it will make our soundman deliriously happy as it sounds perfect B)

I'm down the road in Wakey but I play in Leeds a lot and when I do I live there overnight in Clarence Dock !!

I'm no Christian but I do like churches and we have a couple of crackers in our Cathedral and Chantry Chapel.

Always good to hear from Westy bass players - welcome.

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1356003421' post='1905483']
Haven't had chance to try it yet as am on a 'baby break' from Sunday morning serving so I can be with my family, hopefully will begin getting stuck back in sometime next year when our routines have settled down on a Sunday! I can only imagine it will make our soundman deliriously happy as it sounds perfect B)
[/quote] Having been a sound man at church.... if they are used to regualr basses that ACG Eq might confuse them!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1356007270' post='1905560']
Having been a sound man at church.... if they are used to regualr basses that ACG Eq might confuse them!
[/quote]

It needn't confuse them, it's me flying it B) they'll just be getting a pure and sweet line-level from it that'll be the most consistent tone they've ever been able to amplify...(I've been a soundman too - used to sell PA a long time ago)