Why become a member? ×

New DHA pedal

DHA

Okay, ready for the first run of this new pedal - specification will be

Version 1 (VT1-EQ-Drive) - A DHA VT1-Std-Bass overdrive with i/p pad, gain, level, boost, DI level pots plus bright and boost switch. Plus a 3 channel active EQ with mid range Q control and a balanced DI out with level. The DI out runs in parallel to the overdrive out jack so both can be used at the same time.

Version 2 (VT1-EQ-FX) - It's really my DHA "Bob the Blender" with the active EQ in the FX loop all the time. There will be i/p pad, FX send, FX return, blend, boost, DI level pots plus 3 channel active EQ with mid Q control and balanced DI ou with level. The DI out runs in parallel to the overdrive out jack so both can be used at the same time. So if you don't plug in any other effects then it's an active EQ with a blend. But it's also a FX loop with send and return. It does not have the drive level of the VT1-EQ-Drive but will still warm the signal up if required.

Both will have to go into the larger VT2 boxes mainly due to the large amount of knobs and switches.

As I tend to do with new pedals I test the market before going to PCB so I will offer 5 off of each at reduced price.

VT1-EQ-Drive - target price will be £150 +P&P but first 5 at £120 including power supply and P&P

VT1-EQ-FX - target price will be £170 + P&P but first 5 at £140 including power supply and P&P

Dave

Edited by DHA

[quote name='BassManKev' post='198649' date='May 14 2008, 12:13 PM']an active eq, brilliant, very interested in the drive one[/quote]

+1

If only I could control my money! I can't wait for a review so I can get all depressed about not being able to afford one.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='198653' date='May 14 2008, 12:18 PM']if its painted i think im gunna go for the drive one, iv pm'd anyways :)[/quote]

Yes, I should have said this will be a painted box.

Dave

Good work Dave, I'm sorely tempted! Got a photo of the EQ-Drive?

Also, is the EQ switch-on-and-offable with no volume drop when engaged, and does it act flat at 12 o'clock? These are the issues I had with the previous passive EQ design.

cheers

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='198664' date='May 14 2008, 12:30 PM']Good work Dave, I'm sorely tempted! Got a photo of the EQ-Drive?

Also, is the EQ switch-on-and-offable with no volume drop when engaged, and does it act flat at 12 o'clock? These are the issues I had with the previous passive EQ design.

cheers[/quote]

Hi,

It's not required to switch the EQ off (other than by-pass of the whole pedal) as there is no drop in level and no affect on tone when the knobs are at 12 o'clock. It's active so on each control, Bass, Mid and Treble it does a 15db cut and boost. If there was a tone by-pass there would be a drop or increase in level at different frequencies depending on were the controls where set if not all at 12o'clock.

Thinking having a base colour with a splash anyway on these to set them aside from the other pedals. White and Red sounds good.

Dave

[quote name='BassBalls' post='198757' date='May 14 2008, 02:40 PM']Im on the list for a VT1-EQ-Drive. Cant wait for it to arrive.[/quote]

Must be a record as that's 4 of the VT1-EQ-Drive sold already leaving only 1 at the reduced price.

So, I will extend the offer on that pedal to 10 as we don't want the guys at work to miss out :)

Standard colour for this range will be white with a red splash but there are already some custom paint jobs ordered.

Thanks for orders guys.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Higgie' post='198825' date='May 14 2008, 03:48 PM']I'm tempted to order just for the paint job! :)

Sounds like it will be awesome, looking forward to reviews :huh:[/quote]

The first one is complete and working.

[attachment=9123:PICT0015.JPG]

The Overdrive part with the EQ is selectable via the footswitch but the DI out is on all the time so the bass and other effects, etc will always have a DI link even when the overdrive is in by-pass as long as it is the last pedal in the chain.

Dave

That colour scheme was my idea too - it looks bloody good Dave!

I was gonna get a Sansamp VT Bass pedal as I want something smaller that runs off 9v, but this has got me torn...

Edited by dannybuoy