Why become a member? ×

REMOVE - UNSOLD/UNSUITABLE OFFERS

MarkusWarwick

[quote name='maldy' timestamp='1356013534' post='1905708']
I meant to say that I didn't feel the need to vary the tone. I hardly ever tinker with it, because it has a good standard sound.[/quote]

Ditto

90% of the time I play mine with the eq set flat.

Beautiful Dirty Blonde BTW ... really lovely.

[quote name='maldy' timestamp='1356013534' post='1905708']
Wasn't saying your Thumb doesn't have a lot of variety - poorly worded reply by me! Sorry if it came across like that. I find with my Thumb that I don't vary the sound much - I pick it up and play because it is perfect. I meant to say that I didn't feel the need to vary the tone. I hardly ever tinker with it, because it has a good standard sound. I love the Thumb so much and would never sell mine. I found the Streamer had so many sounds options I just couldn't decide which one to use!! If I had the money (and space) I would definitely buy your Thumb. I would love to have a dirty blonde and a bleached blonde! Again I think you are selling this limited edition bass at a great price.
[/quote]

No worries man, no offence meant or taken haha

Yeah its a ridiculous price considering what i paid for it, and the condition of the bass as well. (Ye wud think itd been kept in a room o cotton balls!)

After following this post I really wanted this bass, even though I wasn't in the market for it. Sadly Christmas has wiped me out of funds :-(
If I had the money I would be straight in there. Still think it is a good price for a limited edition.

[quote name='Houtoe' timestamp='1356961646' post='1915624']
I'm getting myself confused about the numbering of the Blondes!

Mine is number 6/218

so that means its number 218 I guess from 2006!
[/quote]

Having looked it up, your right. Your 218, and im 261. The following link explains -

http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php/2513-06-Dirty-Blonde-Serial-Number-Question

Apparently they can choose to extend runs for private collections :/

Great price for a gorgeous bass.
This is probably the ideal set-up with PJ style. My 89 Thumb NT has a great sound but i do find it is a very distinct sound whereas this should have a more flexible tone range.
Hope it goes soon mate. If i had the cash and in the market for another Thumb this would be my ideal choice to compliment my standard Thumb.

Gorgeous bass.
Good luck.

Dave.