Why become a member? ×

EZ Drummer

RockfordStone

From a drummer's point of view, they have (the good ones, anyway) round-robin sample playback, so each snare hit is actually a different recording of a stick hitting the batter. This prevents the effect known as machine gunning, of exactly the same sound being spat out each time, rat-a-tat. Beats sound more natural as a result. Given that there can be, oh I don't know, maybe ten different velocity level recordings, and maybe six round-robin samples for each, that's.... er... 60 samples being available and used for one snare drum.

The rest is user interface, ease of use, etc.

I have made those figures up but I don't think I'm very far off.

Edited by Zenitram

I've done a little EZ Drummer research and I think I'll take the plunge, one thing I've noticed is the program is reasonably priced but the additional kits are quite expensive, I guess that's how they make their money.

Just noticed we are almost neighbours Zenitram!

BFD also have the Eco version....£32.00

I've been using it for a few months and its great. you can buy additional kits and upgrade to full BFD if needs be also

[url="http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/FXPANSION/Computer_Audio/BFD-ECO/GoogleBase/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=BFD-ECO&gclid=CK_J9pLVlLQCFQzKtAod-jYAKw"]http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/FXPANSION/Computer_Audio/BFD-ECO/GoogleBase/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=BFD-ECO&gclid=CK_J9pLVlLQCFQzKtAod-jYAKw[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1356037000' post='1906167']
may end up going back to cubase cos reaper is being a pain in my balls over one thing which I need!
[/quote]

I'm no Reaper expert so will not be able to help but out of interest what can't you get Reaper to do?

I have EZdrummer, I don't use the loops, but I have a Roland electronic drumkit and EZD sounds waaaay better than any of the onboard sounds when recorded.

Don't confuse me with someone who plays drums though, pretty poor but just about OK for my limited recording purposes!

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1356076783' post='1906416']
I'm no Reaper expert so will not be able to help but out of interest what can't you get Reaper to do?
[/quote]

im having issues with pod farm, its not running a signal through no matter what i try, i think its due to it being the older one.
been advised by the reaper forums to just get the new version... which i will when i can afford it

going to try and master my actual pod see if i can get the right tones out of it, at the moment everything seems to fuzzy once it gets into reaper so its going to take some tweaking