Why become a member? ×

CD verses Vinyl

PaulWarning

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1356217693' post='1908182']
Heh, oh give over :D

If you like your gramophone you don't have to put it in the bin, consider it an heirloom or something, a bit like an ear trumpet ;)
[/quote]

Too late. I have bowed to your superiority. Its gone to landfill. Bass traps installed. Loving the sterility and loudness of my CD's
off to bed with you B)

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1356222660' post='1908229']
The main advantage of vinyl is that people who own more than one record (ie. records) don't insist on incorrectly adding an apostrophe as they do with CDs (ie. CD's)! ;)
[/quote]
At last. an intelligent comment
Now I'm off to the local records' ;) fair

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1356199991' post='1907933']
Love it. I'm thinking of getting a new/old turntable and have been looking at decks fitted with SME 3009's. What cartrige, phono stage (if any etc are you using?
Is that a Clearaudio?
[/quote]

It's a Clearaudio Reference (doesn't work well as a boomerang), with Audio Origami-ed SME 3009/2 tonearm and stainless Clearaudio Aurum Beta S cartidge (MM), all sitting on a wall shelf and going into an EAR 834P deluxe phono stage, Bow Warlock pre and Bryston 14bsst power amp. Plays record's (;)) very well!

If you're looking at about the £1k price point, as well as the Clearaudio Emotion check out the [url=http://www.bd-audio.co.uk/acoustic-solid-solid-111.html]Acoustic Solid[/url], though many (not me!) swear by the Michell Gyrodeck or at a higher price (and definitely not the best IMMHO), the Orbe...

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1356253899' post='1908341']
It's a Clearaudio Reference (doesn't work well as a boomerang), with Audio Origami-ed SME 3009/2 tonearm and stainless Clearaudio Aurum Beta S cartidge (MM), all sitting on a wall shelf and going into an EAR 834P deluxe phono stage, Bow Warlock pre and Bryston 14bsst power amp. Plays record's ( ;)) very well!

If you're looking at about the £1k price point, as well as the Clearaudio Emotion check out the [url="http://www.bd-audio.co.uk/acoustic-solid-solid-111.html"]Acoustic Solid[/url], though many (not me!) swear by the Michell Gyrodeck or at a higher price (and definitely not the best IMMHO), the Orbe...
[/quote]

No consideration to a linn sondek?. you can use the platter as a weapon of mass destruction if required

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1356264744' post='1908488']
Sondek's fine 2nd hand - though decks at £600+ will give it a serious run for its money... New it's a rip-off I'm afraid!
As for weapons of mass destruction, check out the Clearaudio Statement at 350kgs.

[/quote]
Whaaaaat the F****!.

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1356264744' post='1908488']
Sondek's fine 2nd hand - though decks at £600+ will give it a serious run for its money... New it's a rip-off I'm afraid!
As for weapons of mass destruction, check out the Clearaudio Statement at 350kgs.

[/quote]
Actually quite physically attractive,in a Heath Robinson sort of way, but totally pointless.