Why become a member? ×

SOLD - mesa boogie 400+ with photos

If it's a new acquisition I'd agree wholeheartedly with Beedster. When I bought my Bass 400 it took me about 6 months to really get to know it and understand it. I stopped using it for a while and went back to the pair of Orange heads I had at the time.

Once I had got to know it I haven't ever looked at another gigging amp (in the last 22 years) as every sound you ever wanted is in there. Persist and you'll save yourself a fortune in GAS you don't even need to have.

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1354537647' post='1887042']
If it's a new acquisition I'd agree wholeheartedly with Beedster. When I bought my Bass 400 it took me about 6 months to really get to know it and understand it. I stopped using it for a while and went back to the pair of Orange heads I had at the time.

Once I had got to know it I haven't ever looked at another gigging amp (in the last 22 years) as every sound you ever wanted is in there. Persist and you'll save yourself a fortune in GAS you don't even need to have.
[/quote]

+1, took me several months to overcome my original impression that it was a bit agricultural and unsophisticated. In fact I thought I'd been sold a dud when I first played it! However, you will not play an amp that provides more clarity and oomph, so stick at it and find your sound Jim.

Edited by Beedster

• 2 months later...