Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN*** Yamaha TRB 6P ***WITHDRAWN

rumour6

Hi all, GAS Attack.... made the mistake of entering the premises of my local purveyor of quality musical instruments.......I've got a short time to get the object of my desire (a five string EUB) at a special deal... as a result...
On offer is a Yamaha TRB 6P (I think it's 1991 but hard to tell as Yammy are not forthcoming on dates), this was the top of the line model, two single coil (but sooo quiet in operation you'd never know) magnetic pickups and a Piezo system as well.
Master Vol, Balance (front to rear Magnetic), Bass & Treble EQ (only works on Magnetic System), Balance (Smaller pot) between Magnetic and Piezo Systems and a Bass cut switch which only applies to the Piezo system.
Through neck, twin truss rods, finished in 'Redblonde'
Comes with original Yamaha case.
Apart from the 'Yamaha' lettering being worn off the pickups the bass is in excellent condition with a super low action and no buzzes. The case is in 'Fair' condition through wear and tear...but hey that's it's job...

Given the above... if it goes in the next two weeks it's a Basschat special of £750 including Courier delivery for UK Mainland addresses. Thereafter it'll be off up the 'bay at £850 buyer pays for delivery.

[attachment=8617:trb1.jpg] [attachment=8618:trb_body.jpg]

feel free to mail or call 0779 718 119.... would also swap for the right 5 string EUB.....

Worth a note that the Bass Gallery have a series 2 at £1700, this has humbuckers and a rail bridge.... read anything you can find... not up to the originals.... save £1000...you know it makes sense...

Andy

Edited by rumour6

OK OK.... at least I'm old enough to claim senility in my meagre defence.... seriously I used to have a five string upright and just fancy getting another one, the TRB gets less use than the others and way less than it deserves.
I'm not trying to escape from the Midlothian wing of Yam United...... if anyone has a five string Yamaha Upright...... :)

Balders

Is that TRB-6 "P" for Patituchi or piezo? I'm guessing the former, as the piezo bridge models are much more recent, aren't they?

Anyway, I have the bolt on TRB-6 II & these really are stunning basses. Really hope this one finds a good home. Unless someone offers me an Overwater 6 at stupid money, I'd never sell mine!

The P stands for Piezo. As far as I know they have been around for a while.

The John Patitucci model would be the TRB 6JP and came originally in Amber and Charcoal Grey (IIRC).

I owned a TRB 6II that's still on the forum somewhere, great basses in my opinion.

Stu

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='198396' date='May 13 2008, 11:49 PM']Is that TRB-6 "P" for Patituchi or piezo? I'm guessing the former, as the piezo bridge models are much more recent, aren't they?

Anyway, I have the bolt on TRB-6 II & these really are stunning basses. Really hope this one finds a good home. Unless someone offers me an Overwater 6 at stupid money, I'd never sell mine![/quote]

This bass is stunning!

Simply a delight to hold and play and as I said earlier...it sings. This is the 4th TRB6P I have used and is by far the best example I have seen. Tonally supreme, versatile and commanding.

I still cant believe you are getting rid of this andy!

one like this wont come round again.

andy

Edited by andy67

here's a Patitucci:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-John-Patitucci-6-String-Bass_W0QQitemZ220233724062QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-John-Patitucc...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

look at the price on it!!

Well, all i can say is the 6P was the top of the range model and orignally way more than the JP which is bolt on.... so ...I've put my price on mine and i stick by it for the fortnight it's on here.... after that.... :) Hope he sells his..... hope more I sell mine... :huh:

Andy

• 7 months later...