Why become a member? ×

Just pulled the trigger on a Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2

stingrayPete1977

Been looking for ages and decided its time :)

I bought a 6.0 years ago and its still my main amp, its plenty powerful enough for any gig so the 900 watts will just be a bonus really but what I really want is the FET chanel that I have on the little 3.0 I also have but with the power of the 6.0. I have realised that I really like a solid state preamp for bass which is why I didn't want a Streamliner 900 either. Knobs galore so It might be going for a song on here if I cant work out how to use it! I will also have this 3dpm thing for the first time too?

I still think there is a market for a Shuttle Max 18.2 using 2 900watt modules like the shuttle max 12.0 does with both solid and tube preamps, 2 Genz Neox 2x12T cabs and my imaginary head would be a killer rig! ;) or even 4 8 Ohm Barefaced cabs with 1800watts to feed them from one small head if that floats your boat? :o

Anyway thats it, cant wait to try it :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

It should sound great, keep us informed.
I'd be a bit scared of all those knobs as well, I like the simplicity of the shuttle 6 and more recently the streamliner 6. Tho I have thought if I ever need to swap out it would be a 6.2 or 9.2.. but not the Max.
I use one of those Neox 2X12T cabs as you probably know and can only imagine what 2 might sound like , I think richter graphs would be going off in Button moon!

I've got 12 tone controls on my amp and fortunately I only have to use 2 of them to get a great sound. The rest are at 12 o'clock and the tone is just right.

IMO, if you have to use excessive EQ then you've bought the wrong amp.

The GB STL 9.2 gets very good reviews on Talkbass and if you like the STL 6 then it seems that the 9.2 is more of the same with better tone and more volume.