Why become a member? ×

withdrawn please delete

IanA

For sale is my Bergantino HD212 bass cab.

It is less than 12 months old and in excellent condition,purchased new from Mark @ Bass Direct for £875.00 including padded cover.The only damage is a few small marks and a few cuts in the tolex on the bottom of the cab from being moved, from the top it looks pretty mint!
I am not taking any trades, this is just a straight sale.
Below is some technical info, the cab is thunderously loud, has deep low end, articulate mids, and a nice clear treble due to the adjustable tweeter.
It has been used at home and on a weekly basis at church, it has never been pushed anywhere near its limit! plenty of feedback on talkbass....

Asking price is £650 or nearest offer!
Pictures attached

Thanks for looking
Ian

Model HD212 specifications:
[list=1]
[*]
2 x 12" Custom Ceramic drivers with 7 oz magnets
[*]
Padded/fitted cover £60
[*]
high intelligibility 1" tweeter
[*]
custom phase - coherent crossover with tweeter level control
[*]
Precision tuned 100% Baltic Birch cabinet
[*]
power handling - 700 watts rms
[*]
frequency response: 40hz - 15khz
[*]
sensitivity: 103 db @ 1 Watt/1 meter
[*]
2 x 1/4" and 2 x neutrik connectors
[*]
impedance: 4 ohms
[*]
dimensions: 31"H x 18-1/2"W x 15"D
[*]
79cm x 46cm x 38cm
[*]
weight: 79lbs/36 Kgs
[*]
[attachment=123608:IMAG0108.jpg]
[*]
[attachment=123609:IMAG0110.jpg]
[*]
[attachment=123610:IMAG0111.jpg]
[*]
[attachment=123611:IMAG0112.jpg]
[*]
[attachment=123607:IMAG0113.jpg]
[/list]

Edited by Iana

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1352844512' post='1868430']
Wonder how this compares to my midget / compact set up....
[/quote]

I wonder too but I can't afford to ever find out. :D I'd love to try this cab but I think I'll be sticking with my Barefaced cabs for a long while.

Have a bump and good luck with the sale.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

In short, the HD212 will walk all over any 1x12 or 2x10 cab, I have a Baer ML112, which falls into the category of a super 12, it still however cannot deliver anywhere near what the HD212 can, but still out performs a 2x10.
I moved over to Bergs from a Markbass CMD102P combo several years ago, when I did an A/B test at Bass Direct, a single AE112 wiped the floor with the Markbass combo for clarity, low end, and volume. It seems their heads are not bad but their speaker cabs are not the best IMHO.
Tonally the HD series are different to the AE series, they are a lot less brash in the high mids, and a little more pronounced in the low mids making them a lot warmer and less in your face! On a big stage the HD212 with a good head will easily hold its own in most situations, I cannot imagine a situation apart from a loud metal gig, or a large arena where you would get anywhere near its limit, especially with P/A support.
The cab is in Leicester at my home address, if you are potentially interested then you are more than welcome to try it out.
I have a Shuttle 9.0 which you can try it with, alternatively you can bring your own head along as well ;)

[quote name='jc_riffs' timestamp='1353066459' post='1871124']
as soon as my eden rig goes ill be having this off you. wanted one for ages. hopefully its still around next week
[/quote]
Thanks for your interest, this is an awesome piece of kit, I am only selling as I have downsized my rig.
Kinda know I will probably regret it sometime soon.....