Why become a member? ×

Ashdown electric blue 180

ashgeezer

What do you currently have ? I had an EB-12 which was great, I only upgraded to an ABM from it due to a good deal on the ABM, otherwise it would have done me fine. It gigged a few times with a MAG210 extension cabinet and I never had the volume past half.

As for whether the 12 or 15 is better - that's personal preference. It's usually said that a 12 will have better mids than a 15, with the 15 having better lows... but I reckon there isn't a huge difference.

cheers guys for the advice, i"m only using a crappy little 30w amp at the moment but i feel its time to move on to a bigger amp, the 30w is fine for the house but i"ve got friendly with a couple of guitarists who have invited me to go jamming with them and as i"ve not been playing long i need all the experience i can get so the ashdown amps sound just the ticket.

I've found these to cope quite badly with gigs or long periods of use in my experience. The volume hasn't coped, and the sound has compromised as a result. Lots of other people have had much better experiences with them though, so maybe it was just the ones I've used. I'd imagine an extension cab would help it out a lot.

i borrowed one of these at a smallish gig (put through the PA too, of course) and it was absolutely fine. I was actually quite impressed, after initially thinking [i]'hmm'[/i] when i saw it.

I've got one of the 12"s that I use for rehearsals and DI into the desk for gigs.

Sounds great DI'ed, the eq is really flexible.

I don't really rate the tone as a combo, but hey, I only use it like that for band prctise.

[quote name='Finbar' post='196141' date='May 10 2008, 06:14 PM']I've found these to cope quite badly with gigs or long periods of use in my experience. The volume hasn't coped, and the sound has compromised as a result. Lots of other people have had much better experiences with them though, so maybe it was just the ones I've used. I'd imagine an extension cab would help it out a lot.[/quote]

I bought the 15" for a replacement of my tiny 15wat thing, I love it, I cant complain about it at all, what Chris just said though might run true, turning it up very loud it can destort over 3/4's depending on the other settings, but with an extended cab its outstanding!! But even on its own its a very nice punchy combo. Ashdown are suppopsedly like marmite, but I have to say that im definatly loveing this combo,

go for the 15" too, I tested the 12 and 15, 15 is definatly the better option