Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz vs ashdown cabs

pete bigmatch

Looking to buy a mini rig which will consist of two 1x12 cabs and a small / micro head.
Thinking about the Genz Benz focus or the Ashdown mibass.
The head of choice will be the ashdown mibass 220.
Also have the ashdown superfly which I will keep as a backup and might use every now and again.
So what are your thoughts on the choice of cabs (not the superfly , I like it anyway )

[quote name='pete bigmatch' timestamp='1352015108' post='1857755']
Looking to buy a mini rig which will consist of two 1x12 cabs and a small / micro head.
Thinking about the Genz Benz focus or the Ashdown mibass.
The head of choice will be the ashdown mibass 220.
Also have the ashdown superfly which I will keep as a backup and might use every now and again.
So what are your thoughts on the choice of cabs (not the superfly , I like it anyway )
[/quote]

Dont think you can go far wrong with he Mi12 cabs, genz cabs are also lovely but expensive due to import duty racket as they are made in usa

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the MiBass 550 for a year or so now (since they came out) and a Mi12 cab for about 6-7 weeks
(again,since they came out). I've used the head and cab (just 1 cab) on every gig,from an 8 piece soul band with
3 horns,to heavily effected dance music,to Jazz standards and it always sounds great. It is small enough to fit
in my car without droppi cab.ng the seats and to carry in with one trip,and it is loud enough to cut through with a
great full range sound.
Put it this way-I stopped using my Bergantino HS410 in favour of the Ashdown Mi12,and I couldn't be happier.

• 9 months later...