Why become a member? ×

1961 Jazz on the Bay

61 refin blah blah blah. Payment to Spain (on business), 3 day listing (midweek), 0 rated newbie, description duplicated!

Anyone smell anything?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1961-Fender-Jazz-Bass_W0QQitemZ280126202104QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1961-Fender-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='20299' date='Jun 19 2007, 05:19 PM']61 refin blah blah blah. Payment to Spain (on business), 3 day listing (midweek), 0 rated newbie, description duplicated!

Anyone smell anything?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1961-Fender-Jazz-Bass_W0QQitemZ280126202104QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1961-Fender-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

Hey John
I posted about this yesterday mate (I think in response to one of your posts actually), I'd be more than happy to pay money directly into a Spanish Bank account, wouldn't you :)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='20405' date='Jun 19 2007, 08:33 PM']Hey John
I posted about this yesterday mate (I think in response to one of your posts actually), I'd be more than happy to pay money directly into a Spanish Bank account, wouldn't you :)
Chris[/quote]

Soz Chris.
I had a quick look and couldn't find a reference to it on BC. We really need to reform the old 'squad' back together... can I be Bodie or is it Doyle, damn I can never figure out which one gets the most tottie, either way I drive the Capri when we bust the latest eBay perps!

:huh:

John

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='20420' date='Jun 19 2007, 08:56 PM']Soz Chris.
I had a quick look and couldn't find a reference to it on BC. We really need to reform the old 'squad' back together... can I be Bodie or is it Doyle, damn I can never figure out which one gets the most tottie, either way I drive the Capri when we bust the latest eBay perps!

:huh:

John[/quote]

Right behind you Bodie :)
Acually, I'd like to be Reagan from The Sweeney. That way, rather than get all deep and philosophical like B&D, I can just wade in and beat 10 shades of crap out of the perps!
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='20423' date='Jun 19 2007, 09:05 PM']Right behind you Bodie :)
Acually, I'd like to be Reagan from The Sweeney. That way, rather than get all deep and philosophical like B&D, I can just wade in and beat 10 shades of crap out of the perps!
Chris[/quote]

OK I'll be Carter (at least I get to write theme tunes for cr*p TV programmes in years to come).

Wonder who's gonna offer to be Sapphire and Steel?

[quote name='PaulMartin' post='21072' date='Jun 20 2007, 10:18 PM']Interesting that the winning bidder's user name is a similar form to the the seller's and also has zero feedback. Could be that they are the same person. Either that or some mug has just blown £900 on a scam.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='acidbass' post='20531' date='Jun 20 2007, 12:08 AM']Some of them are for the string mutes, aren't they? Someone has definitely added some extra ones too over the years though.[/quote]

... and is no longer a registered user...? Draw your own conslucions there I think :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='21722' date='Jun 22 2007, 08:37 AM']... and is no longer a registered user...? Draw your own conslucions there I think :)[/quote]

Buyer and seller are both no longer registered users!

A good tip for newbie eBayers who are wary of a similar situation, is to watch out for 0 rated new sellers who have similar user names as those just used in this attempted scam. You tend to find that they have very little imagination and invariably use a similar ID each time. Not fool-proof but you'd be surprised!