Why become a member? ×

has anyone bought from?.....

mrhectic

hey

has anyone ever bought something from Thomann?
is it a good company to buy something from? and whats the delievery like?

also, is it based in the uk or germany? and would there be import duties to the uk?

many thanks! i appriciate any responses as I might buy from them...maybe....

MrHectic

Yes, very quick service and delivery in my experience. They are based in Germany but can invoice you in Sterling. As with all EC member states, there's no import duty to be paid, though they will include VAT.

EDIT: not sure they invoice you in sterling, but they will quote you the sterling equivalent.

Edited by Muppet

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='194836' date='May 8 2008, 05:18 PM']i may be wrong, but i don't think they do invoice you in sterling, therefore you may pay a fee to your bank to convert into a euro transaction

they are a bloody good company to buy from and put a lot of other dealers to shame IMO[/quote]

They will invoice you in Euros so be careful. Remember too that the cost to us Brits to buy in Euros now costs us 15% more than 6-7 months ago so it could be more expensive, just do the math.

Hope that helps!

Ciao

Ian

Also watch what they have in stock - I've been waiting over a week for something which had a 2-4 day lead time. They've still not posted it. Bugger is that it's going to be posted with stuff that is in stock (new TI flats) - so it's holding that up too. They are quite cheap for TIs though. Same goes for any mail order company though I suppose.

I waited 2 months for a monitor from Dabs.com once so I'm a bit jittery. Although that was great cos in the end they inadvertently sent two :)

Good though - I've ordered loads of stuff from them before and this is the first time they've not got it to me in 48 hours from Germany.

I bought a load of gear from them over a year ago, XLR leads, guitar leads, speakon to jack leads etc. Price was brilliant, the 'own brand' stuff has been very reliable and the service was exceptional. The weak Euro at the time meant that it cost about half what it would all have cost in the UK.

I buy from them on a regular basis.

Good service, fast, efficient, good prices - what more do you want? Mind you, I live in France so the exchange rate isn't an issue.

Bigjohn - just email them and ask them to send the items they have. I've done this on a number of occasions with no problems (or additional shipping cost).

Andy