Why become a member? ×

Fender P / Wizard Thumper/pot upgrade / other bits

niceguyhomer

Unplanned, incoming dream bass forces extremely reluctant sale but c'est la vie, Grizelda enforces a strict limit on me bass-wise.

Much loved Mex P with professionally fitted Wizard Thumper / new CTS pots - probably still got the original pup too which I'll include if I can find it. Also comes in a gig bag (not the one shown in pic that has now been removed) with a spare s/plate too in a sort of cream colour which makes it look quite vintage. It is strung as IMO - all Ps should be with a set of TI flats (about 2 months old). I've also lined all the cavities with copper stuff to make it hum free.

I kid you not, this is as good as any USA P I've ever owned (3) - it has a fantastic neck with nice low action and it's in superb condition. The only issue is that a bit of the finish came off when I fitted the bridge cover but this can't be seen with the cover fitted.

This bass cost me nearly £400 with all the ugrades - you can have it for [b]£285 ono[/b]

Will meet / deliver within a reasonable distance / ship at your cost etc. No trades at all.

Pics...

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='194386' date='May 8 2008, 07:11 AM']Realised this looked expensive (but worth every penny) so now reduced to £325.[/quote]
It isn't expensive. Have played this Bass at the NW Bass Bash and it is worth every penny. Forget the US vs Mex debate. There have been some real "Dogs" produced in the US and some gems produced in Mexico. This is one of the latter, (just like my Mex Jazz).
The addition of the Wizard Thumper make this an awesome sounding Bass.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='194713' date='May 8 2008, 02:40 PM']I firmly believe there's only one reason why stuff doesn't sell and it's the price.[/quote]

Bang on there Alan, I tell you what - I'll take it off your hands for 75 quid, bloody hell, I'll even come and collect it.

I sh*t you not, this bass is as good a precision as it gets, beautiful player, fantastic sound, and if I had the cash, it would now be mine without hesitation.

[i]£325????[/i]

Someone snap his hand off quick.

It seems that upgrades don't really add that much resale value to an insturment, regardless of whether they are any good or not.

For example, I listed a lovely mex strat on this board and others, which had a full set of lace sensor pickups (cost £90) installed, and came with a fender usa hard case and a strap. And I was asking £300 for the lot and no one was interested. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't sell it, but my point is that alot of people will be reluctant to pay £325 for this because they can get a mexican fender for just over £300 brand new on the internet. The one advantage you do have is that some potential buyers have tried it at bass gatherings, so one of them may well snap it up.

I'm sure it's a lovely bass, and good on ya for putting flats on it - motown-tastic!

Edited by Frusty

[quote name='Frusty' post='195005' date='May 8 2008, 08:14 PM']It seems that upgrades don't really add that much resale value to an insturment, regardless of whether they are any good or not.[/quote]

Yeh - I know you're right but I think any less than £300 for a bass of this quality is taking the piss. I'd prefer to keep it and suffer the wrath of Mrs, Wife.

[quote name='ste_m3' post='195027' date='May 8 2008, 08:49 PM']Id like to add this is a really buttery bass to play. I did some lessons back with Nick on it.

Also for anyone that dosnt know (not that theres many!) Alans a cracking chappy.[/quote]

Thanks Steve - you're a top bloke :) (hate that f*cking expression)

[quote name='mikeh' post='195049' date='May 8 2008, 09:09 PM']If you've had no luck in a couple of months Id take this off your hands!! It truely is a stunning P.....[/quote]

If you haven't been eaten alive by Hissing Sid by then - we make have a deal. :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='195061' date='May 8 2008, 10:16 PM']If you haven't been eaten alive by Hissing Sid by then - we make have a deal. :)[/quote]

lol I was wrestling a pair of 7ft boas last night, didnt get eaten alive then!!! lol

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='195069' date='May 8 2008, 10:27 PM']You'll have to lend me a snake for the weekend while I'm away. I could put it in the bed for the missus - she hates to sleep alone ...muhaha muhaha :)[/quote]

Do they come that small?

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='195069' date='May 8 2008, 10:27 PM']You'll have to lend me a snake for the weekend while I'm away. I could put it in the bed for the missus - she hates to sleep alone ...muhaha muhaha :)[/quote]

No probs mate, this little girl do?