Why become a member? ×

FS - 1978 Fender Precision - ITEM NOW SOLD

Lozz196

ITEM NOW SOLD

One 1978 Fender Precision in Black (very JJ Burnell/Bruce Foxton)

What more can you say about such a cracking bass? Well it plays great, sounds great, and has that definite mojo that only truly aged instruments have. It has some wear, which I`ve tried to capture on the pics below. None of the wear on the neck affects the playability. I recently had new pots/wiring/jack-socket installed, but still have the ones that came out of it - only one pot is original to 78 though.

The specs are regular Fender, and for those enquiring about weight, it`s around the 10lb mark.

Included in the price is an Overwater branded Hiscox hard-case.

£1050, either by Bank Transfer, Paypal (but no fees thanks) or good old cash on collection.
Happy to ship, at buyers expense. Will also deliver personally, within a radius of 150 miles, for expenses.

Edit - I`ve now got pics of pots/heel of neck if wanted, but can`t load them at present, so can e-mail if required.

Edited by Lozz196

The opposite in fact - realised I had wayyyyyy too much gear for my needs, so cutting right back. Gonna be traumatic, but I`ll get there. Luckily neither of them have been owned for too long - would have made it even tougher.

[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1350848935' post='1844291']
Soooo glad I'm no longer doing the Floyd tribute or that'd be very tempting. Good luck with the sale Loz. BTW - 13 months off the pop now!
[/quote]

Nice one Col, it does get easier mate, glad all going well for you.