Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder III - **ON HOLD***

chaypup

So, selling my Thunder III (unless the fretless goes first).

Very very well-made Japanese bass made by Matsumoku in 1984.
Here's some spec:

Body is solid Canadian ash, with a through-body heelless neck which is a laminate of maple and walnut with a 24 fret ebony fingerboard with snowflake inlay position markers.[list]
[*]P/J style pickups with 3-way selector switch
[*]Phase reverse, 'dual tone' (Series/parallel) and active tone switches
[*]Volume, active and passive tone controls
[*]Brass nut, saddles and bridge , anodised aluminium brass effect backplates.
[/list]
[indent=1]I LOVE this bass and am selling it to fund the Thunder II I've just vbought which is a tiny bit sexier.[/indent]
[indent=1]I currently have it strung with flatwounds and the range of tones I can get is amazing. The neck feels great (to me) and it's a joy to play.[/indent]
[indent=1]There are a couple of nicks on it but nothing major and no buckle rash on the back either. The top of the pickup selector switch has snapped off but doesn't hinder operation.[/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]
[indent=1][/indent]

[indent=1]You're welcome to come round and have a play. Will also post at buyer's cost in a hard case.[/indent]

Edited by chaypup

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1350733828' post='1842803']
I have a Thunder 1A and I'm willing to bet that Thunder III would DESTROY prettymuch any other sub-£1000 bass on this forum.
[/quote]

Most likely 'equal' would be a better word to use. But I do agree with your sentiment. An absolutely stunning bass and one I would love to own if I had some spare dosh.

good luck

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it went for a fair price, chaypup.

I'm reminded that I never got round to flogging my fretless Thunder IIIa after halfheartedly trying on here last year. Lovely things. It was £300 then, I will drop the price or consider exchange for an electric guitar. If anyone's keen, then PM, and I'll relist it when I feel inspired.

Jon.