Why become a member? ×

Epifani cab question - just idle thinking at mo'

Clarky

As excited soon-to-be-owner of a UL115, what UL cab do people think would be best paired with this to cover all medium-to-large venue sizes, with and without PA. I play rock (punk, thrash etc).

The Metallica man in me says another UL115 (Cliff Burton played through 2 Mesa Boogie 15s) but is this OTT and/or missing out on certain frequences? Would a UL210 or UL212 be better? Or go the whole hog and get an UL410?

Just idle musings at moment ... which everyone knows are a dangerous thing :)

[quote name='Platypus' post='192673' date='May 6 2008, 09:09 AM']If you can find a Ul 210 that would be a good match, without the bulk of the 410. The 210 is a pretty decent cab on its own too

P[/quote]
Thx Platypus!

Personally i would go the whole hog and get a UL410.
No experience with it but it sounds like a good idea to me. Im looking in to getting one myself but as a stand alone.
By all accounts these cabs are very loud and can handle a lot of volume.
The UL210 is a great cab but cant hold its own at loud volume IMO but only based on what i have read.
Then again if your only running at 500watts im sure it will be fine.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='walbassist' post='193010' date='May 6 2008, 03:47 PM']Ah, too true, too true.....[/quote]
But don't the Ohms not work then with the 8 Ohm UL115 (5.3+8 through a 4 Ohm head)? Never really understood these things but assumed you could only run two 8Ohm cabs through a 4Ohm head

[quote name='Clarky' post='193017' date='May 6 2008, 04:00 PM']But don't the Ohms not work then with the 8 Ohm UL115 (5.3+8 through a 4 Ohm head)? Never really understood these things but assumed you could only run two 8Ohm cabs through a 4Ohm head[/quote]

You're right. So I guess the only option you have is the 8ohm UL210.