Why become a member? ×

Nick Beggs touring with Rick Wakeman

fender73

I don't know too much about him, but Nick Beggs is going to be working with Rick Wakeman on some upcoming live dates in South America. I've never seen Nick do anything but Kajagoogoo stuff. so may trawl Youtube later to see his other stuff. According to the article on Ricks website, Lee P is off on tour with Captain Barlow.

[quote name='fender73' timestamp='1349720313' post='1829630']
I don't know too much about him, but Nick Beggs is going to be working with Rick Wakeman on some upcoming live dates in South America. I've never seen Nick do anything but Kajagoogoo stuff. so may trawl Youtube later to see his other stuff. According to the article on Ricks website, Lee P is off on tour with Captain Barlow.
[/quote]

Ive always admired Nick. Alot better than some people give credit for. 'Ellis beggs and howard' has some good moments.

A

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1349721164' post='1829648']
Nick Beggs is a fantastic bass player who sometimes doesn't get the respect he deserves because he was once in a band with a silly name ( Kajagoogoo).
[/quote] +1. Saw him with Steve Hackett and have the EBH album. Really great bass player.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1349721164' post='1829648']
Nick Beggs is a fantastic bass player who sometimes doesn't get the respect he deserves because he was once in a band with a silly name ( Kajagoogoo).
[/quote]

Agree. Have a listen to some of his bass-lines, a very good player indeed (as, thinking about it, were many of those early 80s players).