Why become a member? ×

Mani's bass from "Second Coming"

TheGreek

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-Stone-Roses-Bass-Guitar-as-used-by-Mani-on-second-coming-album-/120981516941?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item1c2b0f728d#ht_500wt_1288"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-Stone-Roses-Bass-Guitar-as-used-by-Mani-on-second-coming-album-/120981516941?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item1c2b0f728d#ht_500wt_1288[/url]

I know that Mani uses this forum..can you give us a bit more info...??

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1349381301' post='1825652']
Paging Ricks Fine 52!
[/quote]

incoming...beep...beep....

This has been on for a while, it started at a very optimistic £5k.

Some info on the advertised bass. He did use this on the tracks stated, thats true. However, it's not the bass he's playing in the link within the ad. I don't recall ever seeing Mani play a slot head EB3 live, and the one at Atlanta is a solid head, single humbucker EB3. The one advertised is a later twin pickup slot head. I mentioned this to the seller, and received no reply. I also asked how he came to possess it...again, no reply.

Its also had a repaired neck break.

I'm sure its Mani's bass of course, and was used on the tracks, as Mani himself has clearly said this.

All in all, a 70's slot head EB3 is probably the least desirable model, worth around £700. The neck break makes it worth around £400. The Mani connection?? Well, thats subjective, and despite Mani being one of [i]my[/i] bass idols, for varying reasons, lets be honest here, it ain't Macca's 500/1 is it!! :P

Personally, I'd love it, and have made him what I consider is a reasonable offer, all things considered. But it's not worth anywhere near £2k to me, and I'm his biggest fan, and a bass player, and vintage bass collector, but £2k?, no, not for me.

The best thing about the ad though, is the Atlanta link, now infamous of course, for Mani getting, shall we say, frustrated with the 3001. I love the way his roadie, sensing an issue, gets the Gibbo ready then go's after him with it, after he launches the Rick. The clip sums up their tour actually, sad times.