Why become a member? ×

Just bought another bass, Vintage V4 mvw

hollywoodrox

Hi I just bought a vintage v4mvw it,s real nice vintage white with maple neck/fb the neck is real nice that sort of dark vintage honey stain maple the wilkinson hardware all looks real good, bridge is nice has brass saddles, Im really pleased with it, sorry no pics yet but will post some soon, it has a black scratchplate on it at the moment which the original owner put on but I have the white one that came with it too, I am hoping to get bass doc on here to make me a white pearl one as he made the black one tha now graces it apparently, I also have some gold dome control knobs with white pearl tops coming for it too and a gold string tree. The previous owner roadworn the body with sandpaper which looks very pleasing I like the roadworn body look but like the hardware to be nice.

I was so pleased with it anyway I had to post on here about it so thanks for listening. BTW it is the same model as is endorsed by steve dawson of Saxon so I have been playing along with a few saxon tunes, I could recommend one to anyone who wants a precision style bass that is good quality at a low price. I will try and put a pic up another day. cheers...paul ps it only cost me £86 + postage im a very happy bunny

[quote name='fender73' timestamp='1348830237' post='1818780']
Cool bass (just looked at the JHS site)

I had a Vintage EJM96 Series Jazz, loved everything but the badly micropohonic pickups which squeeled at gig volume - everything else about the bass was great given the cost (£165 new!)

Rock on!
[/quote]
Mind you at that sort of price it wouldn't be the end of the world to buy some decent pickups and swop them over !

I have one of the V1004 fretless beasties with a spalted maple top that I think represents excellent value, particularly second hand. Nice to play and pretty well put together too imho.

[attachment=119550:Vintage V1004SPFL 01.jpg] [attachment=119552:Vintage V1004SPFL 04.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1348873096' post='1819490']
yeah Im chuffed to bits with it, although the headstock is massive compared to my Aria, a lot of tone is in the headstock though according to yngwie, thats why he has the big 70s headstocks on his strats, more wood more tone.
[/quote]
I wonder how my Status Streamline has such huge tone then? Not a scrap of wood in the thing.

Here,s a piccie of mine with a pearl scratchplate which is the original one
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:95583]
It,s got a maple neck now as they didn,t do one at the time.
It,s from a vintage musicman copy,forgot the model number but it,s a straight retrofit apart from two pilot holes for the neck screws,schaller tuners and wizard thumper pick up.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1349601754' post='1828048']
Here,s a piccie of mine with a pearl scratchplate which is the original one

It,s got a maple neck now as they didn,t do one at the time.
It,s from a vintage musicman copy,forgot the model number but it,s a straight retrofit apart from two pilot holes for the neck screws,schaller tuners and wizard thumper pick up.
[/quote]
i do wish you would stop posting that picture lol. Everything about it is just right - esp the Roland gear, which id love to get my hands on one day (not necessarily yours of course lol)