Why become a member? ×

Clarky's lot (ATQR) headline Half Moon, Putney on Weds 14th November

Clarky

What a great night! Clarky's band are wicked! Clarky had a nightmare in soundcheck which I'm sure he'll tell you about, but he played a blinder anyway :)

The singers are wonderful, and they have a LOT of personality! The band seems to have a lot of fans too, the place filled up at about 10pm, before that there were few people in there.

I really enjoyed it. I was not sure if I liked the band quite enough to buy the six track EP before tonight. I really liked the music but I felt the youtube clips and the odd streamed listen would be enough for me, but after tonight I want the EP (I'm skint at the moment and buy music carefully). The lesson is - seeing a band live can draw you right in to the personalities which is important to me. I'm buying!

Great to see LowEndBee, Happy Jack and Sylvia there too.

A lovely lovely evening of music and fun, thanks Clarky!

Thanks so much for the lovely words, Nige. I think you got to see why I replied to your thread about being really happy with my band :-)

The blooper referred to was an inadvertent ripping out of the pickup on my DB (caught the lead on an amp that one of the other band's soundchecking had placed in front of my amp). It then packed up. So Mrs C came to the rescue and delivered my other DB (the Kolstein travel bass) although it meant I went onstage not having sound- or even line-checked.

Anyway we had an absolute blast and the audience were fabulous - one of those gigs where you go away thinking, this is one I will never forget :)

Cheers to Happy Jack, Sylvia Bluejay and Ad Low End Bee for coming along too!

It was a great gig! Thank you Clarky and the rest of ATQR! The West London Basschat Contingent was out in force and we absolutely had a blast. I took 5 videos and lots of photos - here are a few of them:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluejay_my_photos/sets/72157632010073327/show/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluejay_my_photos/sets/72157632010073327/show/[/url]