Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA 2024X White. WITHDRAWN.

bobpalt

I always gig with the same bass nowadays (a white Yamaha 2024X), and bought this identical bass as a backup, so consequently its travelled to all of my gigs in the last year or two without ever coming out of its case. Bit silly really, and as I am selling off stuff at the moment to fund my early retirement, thought it would be sensible to downgrade my spare and let this fabulous bass go to someone who would at least use it and abuse it. They are (hand)built as solid as solid can be, and I can see my gigging 2024x outliving me!

This is the real deal, using Yamaha's chemical and physical ageing processes to settle the body wood down to a state it would be in normally only after many years, and as a result, it sounds incredibly good and sustains forever. When I bought my first one, I was in BassDirect trying out nearly every bass in the shop, as you do, and my wife was bored stiff leaning on the counter, when she suddenly said, "Whats that?" She had heard me play the Yamaha, and said it sounded different to anything I had ever played or owned, and unbelievably TOLD ME to buy it!!

I have never regretted it for a second, as its quite light, very comfortable to play, incredibly well built with the smoothest fret ends and the best sounding pickups, and comes in a super hardcase as well, similar to the current Fender cases but a lot slimmer. I think the colour is "antique white" or similar, but its a creamy colour rather than a simple white. I have added Dunlop straplocks, and its pretty much mint.

I would like a quick sale please, with no trades thanks as I am cutting back on numbers.

[size=6][b]NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE.[/b][/size]

Thanks,

Bob

[attachment=119279:P1020606.JPG]

[attachment=119280:P1020608.JPG]

[attachment=119281:P1020604.JPG]

Edited by bobpalt

I am also not in the habit of posting inane comments on other peoples for sale threads, but seeing as Bob says he doesn't mind , I can vouch for the fact that these basses are absolutely fantastic instruments with a sound and overall level of construction quality far superior to most other basses on the market at any price . I would say that these basses are easily a match in terms of sound and playability for any high -end boutique bass that you can think of - N.Y.C Sadowsky, Mike Lull, U.S.A Lakland, you name it- and they are built to last . This is an oppotunity for someone to get a unique- sounding and very beautiful bass at a bargain price.

Edited by Dingus

This the best value used bass I have ever seen on Basschat. I already have two Super BBs and can't justify a third. If anyone near Gloucester is in two minds about buying this they can come and try mine.

These basses blow Fender Custom Shop instrument away for build quality and I'm yet to find a Precision that sounds as good. They compare easily to any of the high end boutique instruments I've owned and differ in one important way; I wouldn't be without one.

Not much real interest in this bass (although thanks to all the guys who said such nice things), so I've taken it off sale. I didnt really want to sell her in the first place, other than to help my retirement, so I'll find a way to use her in the future. Sorry if anyone was thinking about buying!

Bob