Why become a member? ×

Lakland 44-02 Sold

KennysFord

Hey Guys,
I'll be back with the weight later this afternoon, it is very light tho', definitely the lightest Bass I've owned for sure.
The Lakland pre has the selectable mid switch (in the control cavity) cut and boost, the U-retro pre has a variable mid control with cut and boost so it's infinitely more flexible.. on the go....as it were.
I also forgot to add that it has a bright function push/pull on the Treble knob as well.
B)

Thanks for the rely. This is a bass ive been looking at for a few years but have never actually wanted one (i had a 55-01)
Maybe now's the time to change that, although im torn between this and the 5 string version on here.

Good luck with the sale, with the U-Retro im sure this will be snapped up quickly.

It's definitely more akin to a Jazz bass neck rather than a P Bass.
The total width of the nut is 40mm
The total string width center to center E to G at the nut is 32.5mm
The string spacing center to center at the nut is 10.5mm
The string spacing center to center over at the bridge saddles is 20mm
Cheers.
B)

I owned one of these and thought it a stunning bass - so very light! Light, but very well built - usual Lakland standards. The neck was superb and very playable, somewhere between J/P.

I'd have another any day, which says it all - I only moved mine on to get another Stingray, as the MM pick-up here is good... but nothing sounds like a Ray.

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1348431655' post='1813615']
The pics are of the Bass before I fitted the U-retro but just in case, there have been no physical differences made to the bass with the U-retro...well apart from in the control cavity off course.
[/quote]

could you put up a photo of the control cavity please?

[quote name='WACOJACO' timestamp='1348493218' post='1814255']
J OR P NECK DIMENSIONS PLEASE BUD?
[/quote]

I used to have one of these of the same vintage ( 2008/9) and the neck was a shallow "D" profile, very reminiscent of a pre -EBMM Musicman Stingray , both in terms of depth and width at the nut. Very slim and very fast.