Why become a member? ×

Hi from Wigan!

Greggo

Hi all,

Only joined today, but I've read a lot of the posts on this site and it looks like a good place to set up camp, learn new things and chat to folks about bass.

Ive been in various bands on and off for the past 12 years as both a bass player and a guitarist, but in band situations I much prefer being the bassist and am currently bassist/backing vox in a four piece indie/rock band.

Following a recent desire to actually invest in my instrument (well as much as I can finds allowing) I am wanting to take my playing more seriously and learn new things and fine tune my techniques, tones etc

Basses owned are a 5 string Vintage EST96AF Musicman copy bass (pic attached) and a 1991 Yamaha RBX5. In the rehersal rooms where we play I use an all valve Ashdown combo, with a Behringer Bass Distortion.

I have written alot of my own material too over the years, some of which has been done with the different bands I have been in.

Looking forward to using the forum!

Hello Greggo and welcome to this fantastic forum. As a person also living in Wigan I must inform you there are few pies here :lol: , however it's a fantastic site, loads of great advice, research material, technical and technique, and quality gear for sale.
I feel it is my duty to warn you of the Terminal GAS. You will suffer like the rest of us :gas: .
All the best and enjoy,
Karl.

Try Northwest bands website as well as the usual Bandmix, Joinmyband and Forming bands.Notice boards in studios/rehearsal gaffs are usually ok. I had been here 4 years and not bothered with playing, bands etc.
Then I made an effort and got sorted with one quite quckly, then got an audition with a gigging band and I'm still there.
Only time I go out on a night is when we are gigging.
I'm guessing you are somewhat younger than my 54 years, so you should find something quite quickly :P .
Very good luck and let us ALL know how you get on!
Cheers,
Karl.