Why become a member? ×

Schaller 3D Gold Bridge * SOLD*

Ello,

Bought this from our very own Chopthebass for a project that I'm not going to start, decided I'll stick with what I got (for now) :) . I paid £20 inc postage....so £15 Delivered. These are Ian's pics of the bridge. (hope you don't mind mate)

[attachment=8350:gold_3d_front.jpg]
[attachment=8351:gold_3d_back.jpg]

cheers
Jase.

Edited by Jase

[quote name='overwater#1' post='191572' date='May 4 2008, 01:32 PM']Would you take a cheque?

Should fit a Precision..?? :)[/quote]

Yes, I'd take a cheque. I wouldn't like to say for sure if it would fit a precision, maybe someone could tell us, wouldn't want to say "yes! buy it it'll be fine" cos you'd say "F***&^....@@@{}(*&!!!!" if it didn't and I wouldn't mess you around. :huh:

[quote name='Jase' post='191814' date='May 4 2008, 08:10 PM']I think....not 100% sure but wateroftyne might have had a Jazz with a 3D bridge on it. Maybe send a pm :)[/quote]

They'll fit on a Precision, as in, yes, right shape and size. The problem is that the screw holes don't line up with the original holes, so the body will have to be drilled. I can say this definitely, partly from experience, and partly because both sorts of bridges on different basses here and I just checked. :huh:

Other than that, a great bridge, and your price is a steal. I've got 2 basses with gold Schaller bridges on them, I'm tempted to grab your's just as a back up. If Overwater#1 decides not to take it, let me know.

I have one on a Japcrap Jazz copy - you do need to drill new holes, but the Schaller actually has 2 "pilot" holes which line up with two of the original holes used by a standard P/J bridge. You can see the edges of these at the sides of the two middle saddles in Jase's first pic. This makes accurately marking the 3 new holes really easy.

Jon.

• 1 month later...